Water Ski call sign?

kevin47881

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Time to fly!
When flying to and from LOM last week we were on frequency with Potomac approach. One of the call signs we regularly heard was "Water Ski". What airline is using that call sign?
Thanks!

It is one of the American Eagle companies, originally it was the regional carrier for TWA.

I think it is officially called Trans States Airlines

[FONT=ARIAL,]Waterski is the radio callsign for Trans States Airlines. They operate a number of flights for United Express, AmericanConnection, and I believe US Airways Express.
[FONT=ARIAL,][/FONT]
[/FONT]

Thank you Scott and Jeff.

I know at one point there was a thread that contained a link to all of the call signs but I was unable to find it with the search function.

Thanks for the list. Leslie and I were wondering about "Flagship", and I see that it's Pinnacle.

i dunno but they are everywhere
Actually, Waterski was Air Wisconsin, which got started in the mid 60s flying Chicagoans to the Wisconsin Dells- waterskiing shows on the lakes, etc. They were bought by Transtates in the mid 70s and they adopted the callsign.

Actually, Waterski was Air Wisconsin, which got started in the mid 60s flying Chicagoans to the Wisconsin Dells- waterskiing shows on the lakes, etc. They were bought by Transtates in the mid 70s and they adopted the callsign.
That's what I had heard also.

I think that they should be required to have at least one seaplane.:yes:

Back