Water crash-landing seminar -- interest?

ApacheBob

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ApacheBob
Hello POA,
Our safety group is considering sponsoring an instructional class about "How to survive in water after crash landing." We may try to do this for the EAA Airventure 2007.
Is anyone interested in this subject?
ApacheBob

yes, not sure if id be able to make it though, but im interested

Very interested. I mean, when you're considering flying to France, you'd better be! :)

I did one years ago before I started ferrying planes over the ocean. It's a very good experience, I'd do it again if i had the chance.

The first time we dunked and rolled, I got out of my seatbelt and couldn't find my way out of the plane, even after all the instruction and being in a clean, well lighted pool where you could see. The scuba diver had to grab me by the hair and point me to the door. there would be no chance if that happened to you for the first time in the dark or in murky water.

We get the training every year in the Coast Guard Auxiliary aviation program. Learn something new every time. Never got the chance to do the dunk and roll, though.

Don't know whether I'd repeat it at Oshkosh, but would recommend it to anyone who doesn't usually have the opportunity.

Back