Watched an Osprey depart KCOS today

COFlyBoy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
COFlyBoy
I took the family down to Colorado Springs today to get some 100 dollar hamburgers at the Airplane restaurant and got to see a V-22 Osprey do a very short takeoff.
Check it out. (I don't have zoom on the camera phone so its a bit small, but cool anyway)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Nk3E--E1U

Very cool. I saw one during the fleet week / Blue Angels annual air show which had 3 jet teams and the Osprey and many more.

It was neat to watch the props rotate from helicopter to plane etc.

6233243686_fac0681c2f.jpg

I can't seem to find it right now, but I was heading down to my place in North Carolina when an Osprey passed 500' below. Margy was flying and I managed to dig my camera out of the back to catch some shots of it.

We were over at Southport one day and watched one that came down from Lejuene go through a variety of approaches and departures both normal and vertical. Quite cool.

I saw a bunch recently at Miramar when I was in San Diego. Very cool! All of the Built in Ridley, PA!

I am co-located with V-22s at KABQ and Kirtland AFB, and they fly every day. We also have aerial refueling routes nearby.

One day I had Osprey passing quite closely above my Cherokee and they just could not acquire me based on hints from ABQ Approach. I was able to acquire and track them easily on the sky background. Made me feel better about all the case when I could not see a lower Cessna, although probably it should not.

Hey, where do you park the plane to walk over to the Airplane restaurant?

Reason I ask is last time I landed at COS to do that the closest tie downs had no ropes and then there was a bunch of construction at the FBO on that side later.

Is it good now?

The Osprey is a real albatross for the Marines, but wouldn't it make a great airliner!

Back