Watch those NOTAMs

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
The POTUS is near my town today and I have to fly. The Blue Angels are at my destination and the airport is closed for my arrival.

Lots of NOTAMs to review and lots of coordination to get up in the air. Thankfully ATC is letting me into KTVC during the active part of the TFR. But the POTUS TFRs are more difficult to deal with. So far I have seen 3 versions of the NOTAM each with different start and stop times. Two of the three versions have been published and one can see the two version in different spots.

The NOTAM system and the TFR system in general is truly broken.

Don't come whining at us, we had 8 years of "our day in the barrel." Anyway, he's your guy.
The POTUS is near my town today and I have to fly. The Blue Angels are at my destination and the airport is closed for my arrival.

Lots of NOTAMs to review and lots of coordination to get up in the air. Thankfully ATC is letting me into KTVC during the active part of the TFR. But the POTUS TFRs are more difficult to deal with. So far I have seen 3 versions of the NOTAM each with different start and stop times. Two of the three versions have been published and one can see the two version in different spots.

The NOTAM system and the TFR system in general is truly broken.

Hey, at least he's checking NOTAMs and TFR's! :thumbsup: to that.

Could the presidential NOTAM churn be from last-minute schedule changes?

Hey, at least he's checking NOTAMs and TFR's! :thumbsup: to that.

Could the presidential NOTAM churn be from last-minute schedule changes?

The times will change as his schedule changes.

Remember when GW took the bus trip from Detroit to Chicago and you were supposed to know how to stay 30 miles away from wherever it was?

Sorry this is happening to you. I'm sure his schedule is changing and the folks putting the TFR times out aren't the first to know.

Best,

Dave

Sounds like a real cluster. But I guess you could say they are trying to keep the interruption to a minimum by changing the start/end times. That's better than blocking activity for the entire day...

Back