"Wash Me" taken to a whole new level

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Only in Texas!! When the dust gets thick on the back window of his Mini Cooper, Scott Wade uses it as a canvas to create temporary works of art. Among his creations was a copy of C.M. Coolidge's 'A Friend in Need,' better known as dogs playing poker.

wadedust.png

Wade used his finger and other implements to etch this homage to Vincent Van Gogh's 'Starry Night' and Leonardo da Vinci's 'Mona Lisa.'

wadedust2.png

Wade lives off the unpaved Roadrunner Road north of San Marcos, which dusts the back windows of his car and gives him the canvases to create his own works of art.

wadedust3.png

A portrait of Kinky Friedman on the back of the Mazda driven by Wade's wife, Robin Wood, was featured on the gubernatorial candidate's Web site.

wadedust4.png

A collage of wildlife decorates the Mini Cooper's window.

wadedust5.png

Wade's creations attract admirers wherever he goes.

wadedust6.png

Who needs a frost-covered window when you've got road dust to create a Christmas scene?

wadedust7.png

A gimme-capped John Kelso was the subject of one window portrait.

wadedust8.png

Besides his finger, Wade uses traditional art tools, such as paintbrushes, and unconventional ones, like a chewed Popsicle stick, to make his drawings.

wadedust9.png

Wade takes pride in his creations, but he knows that with one good shower, his work is gone.

wadedust10.png

that is nuts. But it is also really cool. I would like to see that in person.

SkyHog said:
that is nuts. But it is also really cool. I would like to see that in person.
No more nuts than spending hours in chat. Actually, his work must have some redeeming value, he's famous now.

Back