Wanted share 430W subscription

kgruber

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Skywag
I'd like to share a 430W subscription. We would both have the downloader hardware and just trade off months.

If the need for came up for current data for a trip, that month could be swapped.

Any takers?

Uh be careful that you are not soliciting a violation of the softwear licencing agreement. I don't know what it says but I visions of Napster in my head.

If you ever upgrade to the GTN series, you'll be unable to do that. The GTN series codes the data to the serial number of your installed unit. Meaning that if you have two in the panel you'll be forced to have two subscriptions (unlike the 430/430W where you can swap the data cards freely between units).

I think you can still do it....the cards may be serial number keyed but JSUM doesn't care which card you program as long as you don't exceed the update count.
If I understand him right, he's going to update plane A on one cycle and plane B on the next so each plane is always potentially one cycle out of date.

I think you can still do it....the cards may be serial number keyed but JSUM doesn't care which card you program as long as you don't exceed the update count.
If I understand him right, he's going to update plane A on one cycle and plane B on the next so each plane is always potentially one cycle out of date.

That works for the 430W, but not for the GTN series. 430W is not serial number keyed - meaning if you have two units in your plane you can get one subscription and rotate them (one unit will be one cycle out, but if the unit carps out you can move the current database over).

The GTN series encodes the serial number into the data - the data card will not function at all in any unit other than the matching serial number.

The GTN series encodes the serial number into the data - the data card will not function at all in any unit other than the matching serial number.
Is it burned into the database files by JSUM or is it just programmed in the card like the 480? You can't stick the 480 card into a different unit than it's set up for, but JSUM doesn't care which 480 you burn the stuff to I think.

Is it burned into the database files by JSUM or is it just programmed in the card like the 480? You can't stick the 480 card into a different unit than it's set up for, but JSUM doesn't care which 480 you burn the stuff to I think.

I don't think JSUM cares. It's burned into the card like the 480. For those that updated one unit monthly and swapped cards, this adds several hundred dollars a year to your cost.

Back