Wanted: Heli-coil set (6mm insert)

Arbiter419

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
CAucker
Hello everyone,

I guess a little background info is in order first. So, here goes. I bought a 2007 Baja Reaction 150 buggy from a buddy for $100...obviously you get what you pay for, and I knew I was going to have to do some work. (turns out "some" is an understatement) Firstly, the battery doesn't charge, so if I wanted to go anywhere, I needed to be jumped. Not a problem, first day I had it, I jumped it and stupidly went off to the trails. Yeah, I did a lot of pushing that day. Turns out that in that three hours that I drove it, the piston rings blew out. Replaced the piston+rings and a few other smaller things...fast forward to today, where I went to put everything back together. It's an overhead valve engine, and there's an aluminum spacer between the valve cover and the head. Turns out one of the two holes the valve cover bolts into is stripped. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, because I became so used to buying parts for this engine. However, I can't do that this time because apparently they don't sell the spacers and spacers alone (they don't even come with a top end kit for some stupid reason) and this is an older, less popular revision of the GY6 engine, and the valve covers are different between the two revisions.

Cool, right? How I wish Briggs & Stratton made engines with transmissions...

So, I'm basically just wondering if anyone has a heli-coil set with a 6mm attachment that I could borrow to re-thread the spacer? Turnaround time would be one, two days at most. I would be more than happy to pay the shipping both ways and then a little on top of that just for letting me use it.

Here's the spacer, the four holes on the outside hold the spacer onto the head, and then the two on the inner part are what the valve cover bolts into. One of those is stripped.

ftzsch.jpg

Thanks so much :)

Back