"Want to trade planes?"

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
is what Dale Twitchell asked me when I went to Twitchell's 3B5 today to see if my Skyhawk was still on its wheels after the wild storms we had early this week. It was, but it was still too windy to get it back to Wiscasset and its hangar. But when he asked me the question he lead me into the main hangar where sat a spectacular 172. "Check the inside," he tantalized. WOW! Gray leather upholstery and an astonishing panel. "Whose plane is that?" I asked. "We bought it to teach Instrument," he replied. It's a 2000 model, and just gorgeous. ($135,000.00)

He smiled. "You don't need it. There's probably not a better maintained, older 172 around than the one you own." Oh, that leather upholstery sits so comfortably. But -- sitting outside and waiting to go home..........................

HR

Attachments

• N7872G 041005 12A.jpg
    N7872G 041005 12A.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 30
Nah, those leather seats are SLIPPERY. A little turbulence and you're all over the place! Older is better, I keep telling my wife.

I like your plane a lot better, dude. And I'm certain that it is not overpriced like the new 172s are.

I like your plane a lot better, dude. And I'm certain that it is not overpriced like the new 172s are.

Interestingly, I have the FAA CD with my plane's from Day #1 history(up to about 3 years ago). The original purchaser, back in 1971, paid $14,750 for it. If only my stock portfolio would appreciate proportionate to what the plane has done.

HR

Back