Waiting "until the market comes back" strategy looking more doubtful?

Not as many as you would think. Russian arms are cheeper, and easier to maintain.

Plus, selling someone a weapon, and them having a reason to use it is not the same thing. If that was the case, Colt murdered a lot of people.

Agreed, but just sayin' that there's big money in selling someone a better weapon, and we do it grandly.

I must violently disagree. We can do one thing no group in history could accomplish. We can think outside the box.

Our American culture embraces individuality to the detriment of groupthink. In America the lone outsider is the hero, the sheep in the crowd the one to be pitied. Do you think the denizens of any other nation complain about "the sheeple"?

This allows us to accomplish things not seen anywhere else. From a heavily armed populace to the men on the moon, we accomplish the impossible because to us nothing is impossible.

Thus we are far better than anyone at technological innovation. Sadly, such innovation depends on a trained and talented cadre of technocrats, with the savvy to understand the cutting edge and the imagination to push it farther. The days of a stalwart American technical corps are done, and I fear we'll never see them again.

I bring your own responses to my threads on hydrogen energy as the antithesis to your point. When someone thinks outside the box they get shouted down by those who have no solutions, only complaints.

Good the the French was doing it back in the seventeen hundreds, or there wouldn't be an "us" to sell them. ;)

There are better things to manufacture than weapons, but I have no real problem with weapons.

I agree, however it's interesting that Apple just became the largest company that ever existed, and they don't sell a single thing anyone needs.

They are 100% an entertainment company.

Pure BS.

What is it about the iPhone, iPad, iPod that someone "needs"? They are entertainment devices.

Yes, they sell Macs, but that's a very small part of there revenue stream comparatively.

What is it about the iPhone, iPad, iPod that someone "needs"? They are entertainment devices.

Yes, they sell Macs, but that's a very small part of there revenue stream comparatively.

Depends on if they're using the iPad to control their nuclear weapons.

But then again, that's against Apple's terms of service, as required by your government, since their products include encryption.

"g. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Licensed Application except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Licensed Application was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the Licensed Application may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S. embargoed countries or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using the Licensed Application, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons."

Not as many as you would think. Russian arms are cheeper, and easier to maintain.

Plus, selling someone a weapon, and them having a reason to use it is not the same thing. If that was the case, Colt murdered a lot of people.

Correct on both counts, however Mrs. Winchester may not have agreed with the last idea:lol:

In which case you're standing by your 100% number or admitting it was exactly what Billy suggested?

Back