W99 (Petersburg WV) Nice Cafe

hankrausch

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
GoodbyePOA
Found a nice cafe for breakfast/lunch called Sue's cafe, it is not on the field but about a mile walk down the dike to town, across the street from an old railroad warehouse that now sells antiques/kitschy things. Great breakfast for $4-5! And Petersburg is a nice place to fly to, dramatic surroundings.

Hank thanks for the PIREP. Next time fly west over the ridge and land at WV62 ( just a few miles ) and walk right up to Amelias Restaurant ( On Field) in the Windwood resort. Food is great, service with a smile and price is very reasonable.

Cool, I've been scheming to fly there for quite some time. Want to try fishing in the river.

Thanks Adam! I have always wondered about Windwood--it is listed a private on the sectional, do you have to call ahead if you are not a member? And how is it landing there? I have heard to runway is a bit beaten up?

Hank we have held three POA Flyins at Windwood, IIRC the runway is 3000 x40 and the condition of the asphault would not give me any hesitation landing there. There are trees at the approach end of 24 but POA has had plenty of folks fly in there. I'd just call the resort and say I'm flying in for breakfast at Ameilas and they will say great look forward to having you. No membership needed. They have cables for tiedown but you need to bring your own ropes to tie to the cables. Some chocks are avaialble.

Frankly its one of the most hospitable places I've flown to.

Back