W&B chart in Excel

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
I know how to do basic charting for excel. But what do I do to get the CH envelope to show in the background of the chart? A second series set with arm as X and weight as Y?

I know how to do basic charting for excel. But what do I do to get the CH envelope to show in the background of the chart? A second series set with arm as X and weight as Y?

Draw it. That's how I did it.

I'm no Excel genius, but I was able to make a pretty good W&B spreadsheet by futzing around for several hours. I'm sure there are much more elegant ways to do it than the way I did, but feel free to PM me and I will send you a copy of mine. Feel free to modify at will (mine is for my Warrior).

Generally, what you want to do is have two graph "series" plotted.

One will draw your envelope. So, for example, on a C-182, that series will have a series of points like:

X Y
33 0
33 2,260
39.5 3,150
46 3,150
46 0

Those points enclose your Weight/CG envelope (and you set the graph up to draw a line between these points...you can do another one at 2,950 as well to show max landing weight.

Then the next series has you Weight/CG that you calculate based on the input. That's pretty straightforward math. I like to put two on here, and show start and end weight/cg based on anticipated fuel burn as well (particularly when my TO weight is above 2,950)

Back