VTOL Aircraft Public?

kimberlyanne546

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Kimberly
Stolen from FaceBook:

Moller M400 Skycar aircraft:

The M400 Skycar from Moller International is a VTOL (Vertical Take-Off and Landing) aircraft for public consumers. An onboard computer ensures that piloting the M400 is as easy as driving a car, just point the controls in the direction of desired travel.

The 4 passenger Moller M400 has a cruising speed of 275 mph, and a top speed of 375 mph, courtesy of 1200 horsepower from the 8 ethanol fueled Rotapower engines.

Safety in a vehicle like the Moller M400 is an important aspect, and therefore numerous safety features have been intergrated into the design including:

- Multiple engines, with the ability to operate with one or more out of action.
- Backup computer stabilisation systems.
- Aerodynamically stable glide ability.
- Dual parachutes, in the event of total loss of power the dual parachutes of the M400 can be deployed to bring the aircraft safely to the ground.

images

Moller began working on his Skycars about 1988 and doesn't appear to have produced any free flying models in all that time.

I check on them about once a year to see if it's gone anywhere. I don't expect to see much progress, but there's always a hope. There's a lot more going on to watch in the private space community like at Armadillo Aerospace.

MollerScamPower said:
The 4 passenger Moller M400 has a cruising speed of 275 mph, and a top speed of 375 mph, courtesy of 1200 horsepower from the 8 ethanol fueled Rotapower engines.

Geez - ethanol has a ****-poor energy density - how long could you possibly fly with the fuel you could carry with a real load?

He's managed to burn through several millions of dollars in "investments" over the years - so he has that part of the equation right.

Most of the rest of his claims, however, do not seem consistent with the laws of physics.

As I recall, he was three or four years away from production back in the 1970's - I assume he is somewhat closer by now.

As I recall, he was three or four years away from production back in the 1970's - I assume he is somewhat closer by now.

Three to four years? I believe him. He doesn't say what is being defined as years though. Pluto years most likely..three times around the sun. Or if he blows that, Sun years around the Galaxy which is about 230 million Earth years times three.

I still want to see your average car driver who can't handle rubber on dry pavement friction at 30mph handle that sky car at 300mph in bad weather, low altitude between buildings in a city with high crosswinds while severely overloaded...you just KNOW that's how it would be operated by your typical self centered aggressive in a big hurry individual.

IMO moller is all sales hype...or attempting to build a population control device.

Geez - ethanol has a ****-poor energy density - how long could you possibly fly with the fuel you could carry with a real load?

Drag racing with 1200hp on Methanol I'd go through about a gallon a second.

Yup.....

Him and the "DYNACAM" guys are racing neck to neck on who can swindle the most investors..:yes::hairraise::eek:

I so want to get hold of a Dynacam engine.... Think about this, a hybrid Wankel-Dynacam...on Nitro.:yes:

Moller has been working his scams for about forty years.

This can't be repeated enough. Or in too many places.

Shep

:yes:

Every year there are starried eyed aviators that look st projects like this and dream ..... or worse invest.

Until any manufacturer has 300 units flying... fagetaboutit.

Last edited:
Back