VPZ this weekend

Matthew

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Matthew
I'll be in Valpo this weekend for a family reunion. I'll have to drive, d'oh. No instrument rating, overnight rental daily minimums, useful load limitations, you know the story.

I'll be sure to stop by the airport while I'm there, though, our hotel is just across the road. It looks like Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon will be when I have a few minutes of free time. Is there anything or anybody to look for, or look out for?

I'll be in Valpo this weekend for a family reunion. I'll have to drive, d'oh. No instrument rating, overnight rental daily minimums, useful load limitations, you know the story.

I'll be sure to stop by the airport while I'm there, though, our hotel is just across the road. It looks like Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon will be when I have a few minutes of free time. Is there anything or anybody to look for, or look out for?

Of course!

Walk down the road to the Strongbow Inn! You could have breakfast in the bakery, lunch, dinner...hope you like turkey.

Pirep -

Yep, the Strongbow is big on turkey. We walked across the street from the hotel and ate there for lunch, it's a bit pricey for dinner for 4.

You didn't mention the Indiana Aviation Museum (at least I think that's the name). After doing some of the family things, I drove out to the airport just to look around. Noticed a hangar door open and a Mustang parked inside. That's all I needed. I saw a sign for a museum and drove through an open gate. In addition to the Mustang, there's a Texan, a Corsair, and a couple of others that I've already forgotten. Every aircraft in that collection flies and every single one is absolutely immaculate.

I didn't have a camera, so I found a picture of the Corsair and the Mustang on airliners.net and attached them. They look so much better in person.

Highly recommend checking out Jim and his guys at the museum at VPZ!

edit: found this - http://www.in-am.org

Attachments

• f4u corsair.jpg
    f4u corsair.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 2
  • p51.jpg
    p51.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back