Viibryd use

linuxjim

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
JJ
Hello,
I am about 12 hrs into my PPL training. I was on Viibryd (an anti-depressant) for situational depression. I was on it for about 2 months and have been off for 2 - 3 months now and am doing fine. Will I be able to get my medical and when? I have an appointment with my regular doctor on July 25th. Is there specific documentation I will need from him? Thanks for looking.

Ask this question on the Medical Matters forum on the AOPA forums. Wait for Dr. Chien to respond. Do exactly what he says... he literally wrote the exception regulation that allows certain anti-depressant drug usage to be white listed. I don't believe Vilbryd is one of them but he knows what is necessary for the FAA medical folks. If you are not an AOPA member, go to his website aeromedicaldoc.com .

Trust his advice. He is the man.

-Skip

And whatever you do, don't fill out that FAA medical application until you've got a complete understanding of the rules on this subject -- which Bruce can provide.

If you are able to go to Dr. Bruce that is highly suggested. He has said in the past if you are on it for less than 3 months and off it at least 3 months with a favorable review from your treating psychologist/psychiatrist saying it was situational and you are no longer depressed then in a lot of cases he can issue right in his office.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back