Vietnam era warbirds

ateamer

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
ateamer
If you have a Vietnam era warbird, or know someone who does, and would like to have it on display at the California International Airshow at Salinas, Sept. 22-23, please contact me. We are looking for aircraft such as UH-1, O-1, O-2, OV-1, OV-10, A-1 and any other aircraft used by the US during that war.

The airshow is a great one. This year it features the Thunderbirds, the Patriots jet team, Sean D. Tucker, numerous military static displays and more.

Please contact me if you would like to participate.

Can't say we always see eye to eye but I agree with you on this one.

Wish I could show my warbird...but I don't have one. I would LOVE to have a OV-10, the ultimate bush plane. I'm gonna try to get there in Sept.

Why only U.S.? You need some MiGs in there too!

This show sounds awesome. Salinas is a two and a half hour drive, though. We shall see.

You could fly it! :D

Yeah but that costs money. We shall see if I have a flying budget by then. Right now I'm almost done with my car repairs and even replaced the front brakes myself to save over $100 in cost. Yes, myself, I made my BF do nothing but drink a beer and instruct me. My hands were black for days. It was fun though. You should have seen the look on the face of the guys at the chain tire shop when I showed up in a pick up truck and pink sweater asking for my rotors to be machined. When I told them I'd downloaded the shop manual to view spec, and measured 800/1000 (which is within spec, I used a micrometer) - they pretty much asked if I was "for real."

Hilarious.

That would be a hoot to see a UH-1 that was in service in Viet Nam.

Back