Videotaping in flight

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
I'd really like to do some in-cockpit video when I go fly seaplanes next weekend. Is there any way to mount a camera on the glareshield (Super Cub)?

Chip, is the camera mount in your Extra standard equipment or something you added?

i think there is enough room on the dash to put a camera there, bungie it to the supports or something. although, it could hurt visibility significantly.

flyingcheesehead said:
I'd really like to do some in-cockpit video when I go fly seaplanes next weekend. Is there any way to mount a camera on the glareshield (Super Cub)?

Chip, is the camera mount in your Extra standard equipment or something you added?
Kent,

Take a look at this link: http://www.bulletcam.com/helmet_Cams_products.htm

I know a guy who used one of their products on his first solo flight which he attached to the side of his headset (neat idea if you think about it) to capture the flight. They look pretty small from the pictures on the site and the guy who I just mentioned said it's pretty good quality stuff. The video and the quality he got from it (his first solo video) came out great.

It's a more expensive option, but if you don't want to purchase something that pricey, it will at least give you a few ideas of what you can do in terms of mounting.

Jason

Last edited:
flyingcheesehead said:
The mount is an option in the Extra. You wouldn't believe how well it is built. It's not going anywhere.

Chip

gibbons said:
The mount is an option in the Extra. You wouldn't believe how well it is built. It's not going anywhere.

I thought it looked awfully sturdy. I wish more planes had those!

My video camera would not keep taping when in contact with the plane. Too much vibration and it shut it self off. I need to make a little harness that will suspend the camera so the vibration gets reduced

flyingcheesehead said:
Interesting product, but I've already got the camera (hopefully that's the expensive part!) and I'm just trying to find a way to reliably mount it.

Duct Tape

Back