Video of my first BFR

Archammer

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
FlyingSchmidt
Hey everyone!

So I wanted to video my first BFR, but wanted to do it from a first person perspective, to really bring the viewer along. I thought this was beneficial to myself for training purposes, but also for others to show the mistakes and the successes that I had throughout my flight.

This is an abbreviated version of the flight, and I will be posting the entire flight to my profile soon. However, I thought this would be beneficial to others to see how my first experience with a flight review was.

A little background about my current status prior to my BFR:
I have under 100 hours TT.
Certificated in 2012 PP ASEL.
First BFR, refresher flight, Rental Checkout.
Although I've flown some during the past 2 years, I hadn't flown as PIC in over a year.

Enjoy!

Shane
The Squawk Shoppe
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The video is an "abbreviated" version. All the maneuvers, slow flight, extended stall recovery, diversion, were all cut for time constraints to show the flashiest portions.

However here's the "legal" stuff for you:

The training must include a review of the current general operating and flight rules of FAR Part 91 and a review of those maneuvers and procedures that are necessary for the pilot to demonstrate the safe exercise of the privileges of the pilot certificate. The authorized instructor giving the flight review has the discretion to determine exactly what maneuvers and procedures are included in the flight review.

Ya, I've got some good cursing tendencies in me. :yes:

Last edited:
And more specifically you left out the first sentence of 61.56(a) which requires an hour of ground and an hour of flight time. The video is only 24 minutes log.

And more specifically you left out the first sentence of 61.56(a) which requires an hour of ground and an hour of flight time. The video is only 24 minutes log.

He said twice now that the video has been cut down and the flight was actually longer.

Back