Video of landing technique

JohnWF

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
John at Salida
I was asked how many landings I have made. By looking back in the log book the answer came up to about 2,450 or so +/-

In spite of having landed a few times I still would like to see it 'down close and personal'
I am thinking about aiming my gopro mounted under the wing aimed at the main wheels, and monitoring the action on an Ipod that is on the glare shield. I could see that without moving my vision.

Here is what I am uncertain of....there is a very small delay between the capture of the images by the gopro and its display via wifi on the Ipod. Is the delay enough to make this a silly idea? I just wanted to do it, for no real reason except that I keep thinking about trying it.

Give it a shot, but I'd still use your outside sight references at a master guide, even a small delay will be noticible.

With a safety pilot, this might be an interesting experiment. Let us know how it turns out.

You have roughly a two to three second delay between the iPad and the GoPro, realistically you're better off having a GoPro in the cockpit and one to capture the landing below the wing, sync them and go from there.

You have roughly a two to three second delay between the iPad and the GoPro, realistically you're better off having a GoPro in the cockpit and one to capture the landing below the wing, sync them and go from there.

Didn't realize it was that bad.

2-3 seconds make it completely useless for this purpose

Didn't realize it was that bad.

2-3 seconds make it completely useless for this purpose

Yeah, it's hardware limited unfortunately. I realized that was the case as I was trying to get a perfect shot of us in the Extra on an up line with the sun in the background during sunset.

ExtraSunset.jpg

Back