Vid shrink?

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
How do I make these videos smaller for emails??
I 7-zipped a 206mB file down to 204mB, whoo-hoo.

You can try a difference codec or compression. What is currently being used? X-Vid works pretty good, but I haven't done anything like this in years, so there's probably better stuff nowadays. Do a search for Video Encoding.

Dave, it's going to be about impossible to shrink a 200+ MB video file into any size that will look/sound good and still work to send via email.

A better option is to upload it to a video hosting site like Vimeo, or a large-file-hosting site like YouSendIt.com (free for up to 100MB files, up to 2GB with subscription) or DivShare.com (5 GB of files /10 GB of downloads for free). I like DivShare--the files don't "go away" after 30-days of not being accessed, like at other sites.

You upload the file to their servers, they give you a URL to embed in an email to your friend, who then downloads it off the server via the private link you sent.

Thanks. Thinking about it I believe I posted this same fool question in the past. And the answers are still the same! (I was hoping there was a change in the technology...yeah; that's it!)

Back