Victor Airway

Danos

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
i And I Survive
Does anyone here know the victor airway that goes pretty much straght to L.A from New York?

I don't think there is one. None of the Victor airways leaving LA have anything in common with the airways arriving in New York. J64 looks like it might fit the spec except it isn't a Victor.

Regards,
Joe

I'm curious -- why?

I'm doing a N.Y. to L.A. flight next month. Someone in the chat gave me a victor airway a few months back that goes straight through. I wanted it as an option but can't remember who it was or which airway.

Last edited:
I'm doing a N.Y. to L.A. flight next month. Someone in the chat gave me a victor airway a few months back that goes straight through. I wanted it as an option but can't remember who it was or which airway.

Ok, Unless you're running a turbo your options are limited. Flying GEU (Phoenix) to FWQ (Pittsburgh) MEAs were 13500.

I don't know of any single numbered airway that connects the LA and NY, though.

Looks like V210 might do it...I'm looking at the charts now, and I haven't checked the entire route, but it's on both sides...lemme see if I can connect it

Here's the closest I could get with v210
LAX..HEC.V210.OKM.V15.EOS.V14.VHP.V210.ARD..JFK
2352NM

Actually, it IS v210 all the way across...stby, and I can try to get all the points

nope, guess not - the route above is the closest I could find.

Last edited:
yeah, sorry, that route is pretty long too...there is a much better route, but I was trying to find a single v-airway across...then I ran out of time (I was at work at the time). Enjoy your flight, it sure would be nice to only have to file JFK.V210.LAX!

V12 goes from Pottstown, PA to Santa Barbara, CA. I think it is the longest Victor airway in the country. Goes more or less directly to St. Louis, then Kansas City, down to Amarillo, Winslow, Needles into California. To get to V12 from New York, try V39 until they intersect at the BOYER intersection, about 24 nm from the origin of V12 at PTW. V209 intersects V12 at PMD and goes to LAX. Sorry I cannot get you any more direct than that.

KJFK SAX V39 BOYER V12 PMD KLAX

Last edited:
Do what I do whenever I am planning a flight: go on the DUATS flight planner, put in your Departure point and your Destination, click on "Low-Altitude Airway Auto-Routing" or on "VOR-Direct Auto-Routing" and up comes the best airway route.

Wells

Back