Vicki Cruse killed in accident in Silverstone

That's bad news. I met the lady a few years ago when she spoke at a local 99's chapter.

Very classy woman. She'll be missed.

Joe

Very classy woman. She'll be missed.

My thoughts exactly. A truly fine example of a human being and a good pilot as well. Now we are just left with everyone's favorite drunk driver, Patty Wagstaff, as an example to up and coming would be stunt pilots. The world is a little less bright today without Vicki.

I had some sponsorship dealings with the IAC arranged by Vicki. She was always a delight work with. A very positive and energetic person.
I think Vicki would cringe at the newspaper's mention of an "airshow". Vicki always spoke of the difference between airshow and competition flying.
I'll miss her.

Sad deal, she was from Springfield, MO and has a brother there. He was interviewed last night on the local news. Second Edge 540 in a month and a half, any word on cause?

My thoughts exactly. A truly fine example of a human being and a good pilot as well. Now we are just left with everyone's favorite drunk driver, Patty Wagstaff, as an example to up and coming would be stunt pilots. The world is a little less bright today without Vicki.

God I absolutely hate to come here and read a post like this. Its not up to me to say you can't post it but I can SURE tell you that there are many many people in the aerobatic and display community who deeply resnt what you have just said here.
Viki's death was bad enough without someone using it as an excuse to trash Patty Wagstaff.
I can tell you this. If Viki had seen this she would have said the same thing I'm saying now.
Patty Wagstaff is NOT a drunk or anything even close to it. She had an incident and lost her temper..........PERIOD. Patty has openly apologized for what happened and the entire thing is history.
Patty's friends, (and I am proudly one of them), as well as her professional associates and sponsors have stood solidly behind Patty.
I would respectfully suggest that the sum total of intelligence of our group might be an indication to you that if WE chose to stand behind Patty Wagstaff, she is worth our support.
As I've said, I can't stop people from posting things like this but I can sure pass on to those who READ it the general feeling in the display community about what has been said.
Thank you for your time.
Dudley Henriques

Redacted to avoid a further derail- Steve

a VERY wise move, and please don't send me any further private messages
attempting to equate and justify your totally inappropriate trashing of Patty Wagstaff in a post made on a public forum supposedly meant to convey your "deep feelings" on the loss of another pilot.
I have no desire to converse with the likes of you in private, and believe me, I have little desire to converse with you in public either.

Thank you
Dudley Henriques

a VERY wise move, and please don't send me any further private messages
attempting to equate and justify your totally inappropriate trashing of Patty Wagstaff in a post made on a public forum supposedly meant to convey your "deep feelings" on the loss of another pilot.
I have no desire to converse with the likes of you in private, and believe me, I have little desire to converse with you in public either.

Thank you
Dudley Henriques

Take a chill pill dude. Wagstaff made a very big, very public mistake. These things have repercussions, and you're participating in one of them. Sorry if you don't like it, but too bad.

It is a crying shame about Ms. Cruse. RIP.

Take a chill pill dude. Wagstaff made a very big, very public mistake. These things have repercussions, and you're participating in one of them. Sorry if you don't like it, but too bad.

It is a crying shame about Ms. Cruse. RIP.

Rather than state how I feel about this, I'll simply relate a few facts to you.

Reading the comment made by the other poster on Viki Cruse's death, and taking the name of the pilot he trashed not associated with the death of Viki Cruse completely out of the equation, and I said COMPLETELY OUT of the equation, we are still left with someone posting on the death of pilot A and in the same sentence using the occasion to trash pilot B who was in no way at all associated with the event.
We don't do this in the aerobatic community when someone is killed......EVER!

If you would find additional information on what I have attempted to relay to you helpful in any way, please feel free to forward me your real names and email addresses and I'll do my best to see you get this most useful information mailed to you personally from the lowest to the highest levels of the aerobatic community.

I'll repeat this once more in case it's getting lost in translation.
What you or anyone else thinks about a particular pilot is your business. It's even your business if you choose to offer that opinion in public.
What is absolutely disgraceful and inexcusable in the aerobatic community is to use the occasion of a pilot's death to trash another pilot with whom you have unassociated issues.

Dudley Henriques

We'll ask this nicely from the mods.

Both of you... Stop the personal comments toward each other. The points have been maade.

Please.

Thank you.

Is there any detail of what went wrong with this accident, or Chandi's?

I've heard that the investigation into Vicki's accident is focusing on the rudder pedal extensions and the installation of them in the aircraft she'd borrowed.

Back