VFR to Vienna

dppintr2

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Rene
VFR trip to Vienna. We flew to Vöslau aerodrome.

o_012.jpg

Fueling at Hof-Plauen

A trip report with pictures can be found here

.​

Nice trip & pictures. Looks like an awesome trip. Thank you for sharing. :)

Hey. Great pics! Fellow Chicago POA'r here. I happen to be in Vienna (1st district) for the rest of the week if you want to greifen ein bier.

I was just wondering today what the rules on GA-type planes are here because I hadn't seen or heard one in the air...

Thank you for the note :)

We are back in Holland already ;). GA-rules above Vienna;
1) Transit through Restricted Area Wien permitted only:
a) for operational flights (~ 145 aviation act), for ambulance or rescue flights or for flights used in case of disaster, or
b) with aircraft operating in accordance with ~ 2 Abs. 1 lit. c des Wehrgesetzes" BGBI. Nr. 181/1955 in the last valid version, or
c) for IFR flights approaching the airport Wien-Schwechat in direction east or south, or
d) in individual cases, when clearance is granted by ATS unit (~ 47 of the "Rules of the Air") for safety reasons and especially also for purpose of flight calibration or flight check of air traffic service facilities, or
e) by clearance of the appropriate ATC unit from 0600 until 2100 local time with aircraft,
- a) operating for military reasons, or
- b) departing from or landing at an aerodrome within LO R 15 Wien as far as necessary for the purpose of departing or landing, or
- c) flying between the right Donau bank and the furthest embankment on the left Donau bank, or
f) with permission of the responsible authority from 06.00 until 21.00 local time with aircraft operating for purposes which are not only for private interests of a person and which otherwise couldn't be reached (especially aerial photographs and measuring flights). The permission can only be granted if no serious noise abatement reasons exist. In that case the restricted area Wien shall be crossed on the shortest possible flight path if the height is below 6OOOFT above ground excluding flights written under item d.
2) Operation of unmanned aircraft class 1 (~ 24f LFG) is permitted only with authorisation by the appropriate authority.
3) If weather conditions and traffic situation permit and there are no reasons against flight safety the landing at airport Wien-Schwechat has to be executed in direction west, in direction north respectively.
4) Within Restricted Area Wien VFR flights are permitted only in accordance with the prescribed procedure in respect to flight safety and noise abatement.
5) Within Restricted Area Wien aircraft executing an instrument approach to airport Wien-Schwechat and which are already in approach direction to the aerodrome should be operated in a regular descent, as far as no other ATC-clearance was granted or something other is necessary to ensure safety of operation of the aircraft.

:D
Seems pretty complicated. I'll stick with the US where it's nice and easy, controlled by the faa. Lol

Flown over Vienna before in the way back to Getmany. Just a beautiful area around there.!

Back