Version 3.5 Install for PoA Beta Site has begun.

Greebo

N9017H - C172M (1976)
Display Name

Display name:
Retired Evil Overlord
For those of you still willing to help test, I've installed the CORE vBulletin files only so far at http://beta.pilotsofamerica.com/forum (remember - the pop up security login is Test with the password password - NOT your normal login for PoA - you put that in after you get to the actual forum screens.

ONLY the basic message board functions are working so far. That is forums and threads and posting. No chat, no member hangars, no links, etc.

Tonight I hope to add back in links and the new replacement for Member Hangars and the chat routines.

Major change: There is no "Recent Activity" anymore. We're back to having only "New Posts". Right now its sorted purely by post age but soon it will be by forum first, then by age.

Major Change: THREADS WILL NOT BE MARKED READ UNTIL YOU CHOOSE TO MARK THEM READ. (This is now an ingrained part of the forum software and so we no longer use the hack that did the same. Thats why we only have one "New Posts" button now - not "New Posts" and "Recent Activity".

More later. Work calls. :(

Quick status update:

Progress on the beta install has been very slow. Sadly, I've been doing "real" work for up to 3 different clients a week, which has kept me so busy during normal working hours that I've had very little time to work on the software.

Furthermore, my wife decided a few weeks ago that a spot of mold in the main level bathroom needed looking into, and that project blossomed from wall paper removal into total ceiling reconstruction, with new drywall installation, spackling, painting, new vanity mirror and light fixture installation and, to top it off, all new moulding.

And it's still not done. :(

As a result, not only my posting and moderating time but also my spare time to work on software udpates has been EXTREMELY limited.

But rest assured we ARE making slow, unsteady progress towards the goal.

Oh, and those of you with pictures in "Member Hangars" - please make sure you have a local copy of them archived. We'll be putting in a different photo gallery system and the old Member Hangars will be going away. (Dont' worry, there will be more warning than this before it does.)

Happy landings!
Chuck

Back