Verizon Voyager Phone Review

RJM62

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geek on the Hill
I bought one of these last week. I have to say, all in all, it's quite a nice phone.

Firstly, it works pretty well as a phone, which (in my opinion) is the most important thing.

The built-in Web browser is fast, but like all small-screen formats is, well, small. But it works well enough for general informational purposes (news, wx, etc.). Don't know that I'd want to surf the Web on it for very long, but it's fine for what it is.

The VCast video is interesting and good for passing time while waiting for things to happen. The inner screen is surprisingly sharp and bright.

The VZ Navigator really surprised me. It works very, very well. A piece of Velcro on the dash, and I could easily use this as a GPS. Calls out the turns well in advance, pronounces the street names, etc.

Battery life is less-than-spectacular, but still not awful. I got about three days of moderate use out of it. I don't know yet if they have a high-capacity battery.

The only annoying feature (and probably this can be changed somehow) is that the touch screen darkens and disables during a call, which makes touch-response a pain. When I have some time, I will read the docs and see if the time before it does that can be lengthened.

All in all, though, I like it a lot. Serves my needs almost to a T.

Best,

Richard

Leslie got one of those last week too, along with a Crackberry. I'll have to get her to give a comparison!

Back