Verizon SPOF-Dallas/Fort Worth outage

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Verizon users (me included) in North Texas have been under a total outage since 3pm today- cell phones, digital data plans, high speed internet- all DOA. My phone's been saying 'searching for service' for three hours now.

How can a company as big as Verizon have a SPOF (single point of failure) in their infrastructure? Unreal.

Funny, too.. we have family that landed at the airport an hour ago and haven't been able to call us to get directions to the house!! Although the article says engineers 'hope to have it corrected by 5pm', it's still out as of now (6pm Central).

They don't have SPOFs. What ever it is, you'll find that multiple events conspired to cause this outage, or it was a deliberate act of sabotage.

"I'm sorry, Verizon's field techs/installers only work M-F 8 to 5.

Please schedule to be at the residence between 8 and 5, and if we don't show today, maybe we'll come tomorrow."

Dump 'em.

If you have Cox Cable, go that route (tell 'em I sent you).

Verizon is incompetant and mismanaged from the top down. Customers are a nuisance, do we really have to provide service, we've been paid?

Bill, this is their whole cellphone network in Dallas. Down.

"It's my network."

Found some scuttle on the web that it might have been a DCS that went tango uniform.

-Rich

Back