Vendalo HD Sunglasses by ColorEyes

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
Anyone ever hear of Vendalo HD sunglasses by ColorEyes or have a pair? I just saw their ad in AOPA Pilot and never heard of them before.

I'm thinking of getting rid of my Oakley's after I [hopefully] switch to contact lenses in about a month because the original Oakley lenses I have are polarized (not my current Rx lenses), so looking at these or other Oakley's as replacements.

Thanks!

Anyone ever hear of Vendalo HD sunglasses by ColorEyes or have a pair? I just saw their ad in AOPA Pilot and never heard of them before.

I'm thinking of getting rid of my Oakley's after I [hopefully] switch to contact lenses in about a month because the original Oakley lenses I have are polarized (not my current Rx lenses), so looking at these or other Oakley's as replacements.

Thanks!

What kind of Oakley's are you using now? I have a pair of polarized XX's but I have a problem with the frame preventing my headset from sealing. Probably wouldn't be a big deal in most aircraft, but the RV is ungodly loud inside. I want to try a set of wire frames, but they're too darn expensive to be "trying out". ha!

What kind of Oakley's are you using now? I have a pair of polarized XX's but I have a problem with the frame preventing my headset from sealing. Probably wouldn't be a big deal in most aircraft, but the RV is ungodly loud inside. I want to try a set of wire frames, but they're too darn expensive to be "trying out". ha!

Aren't there sunglasses with cords vs. metal earpieces?

David Clark also sells eyeglass seals. http://www.davidclark.com/store/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=62

They're little footballs of foam you're supposed to slide on to the earpieces of your glasses. I have a pair buried somewhere in a bag or box in my large gadgets-I-bought-but-misplaced-before-I-got-them-into-the-plane collection.

I think I got my ear seals from The Pilot Shop at DuPage: http://www.pilotstore.com/

Last edited:

I have a pair of Oakley Minutes (see my profile picture). They fit just fair with my lightspeed headset, but I'd like to try a pair of wire glasses this time for the comfort and light feel.

Last edited:
Bought a pair of the Vendalo HD sunglasses at the AOPA Expo yesterday and flew with them today. The contrast is fantastic and viewing the avionics is a breeze. Great comfort underneath my LightSpeed 20-3G.

Bought a pair of the Vendalo HD sunglasses at the AOPA Expo yesterday and flew with them today. The contrast is fantastic and viewing the avionics is a breeze. Great comfort underneath my LightSpeed 20-3G.

They looked nice, and they actually had the "Fakeley" style that I like, but at $150 I ain't gonna bite. I'll lose them or break them long before I get that much utility out of them. :(

Back