For Sale Velocity SEFG, fastbuilt kit, more than 50% complete

Grigore Rosu

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Grigore Rosu
I bought a Velocity SE/FG fastbuilt (both wings and fuselage) kit back in 2005 and I almost finished all the fiberglass work. The only thing left is the co-pilot door. The fuel tanks are done and hold air. I asked back in 2015 on the Reflector list about my progress, and several builders said that I must be 66-75% done.

The problem is that I was not able to work on it for more than 5 years and it does not look like I will find the time to do it over the next few years either. So I am thinking that it is perhaps best to let others continue to build it and enjoy flying it.

I've spent about $60k in total so far. Selling it for the best offer. Can you please let me know how I can reach out best to people potentially interested in it? Any suggestions are welcome.

Have you tried through your local EAA chapter?

Good point, thanks! No, I didn't try that route yet. We are a pretty small town here (Champaign, IL), so I do not have high hopes, but I will definitely try!

Barnstormers.com and the Velocity group on Facebook should be your best bets: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Velocity/

Since you already posted in PoA's classifieds section, why not add a few pics and a detailed description?

You might want to prepare for much lower offers than what you have spent, though. Even nice, finished SEFGs usually sell for under $100k.

Last edited:
Thank you, German guy, for the pointers. I will post in all these three places you recommended. This is the first time I am selling something :)

02_Fuselage_Door-Side.jpg
Several extras bought separately (fuel gauges, chemicals, epoxy pump, etc.)
Extra interior, including four upholstered seats (imitation snake skin, see picture)
Airframe (and thus fiberglass) work is almost complete; one door is not installed yet
No engine, no engine kit, no propeller, no instruments
Total cost so far on this project was ~60k
Will consider any reasonable offer
Pictures of construction, current status and paperwork at http://shorturl.at/hlOP7

I am willing to sell it for $25k immediately, and to consider any offer above $20k.

Back