Vans RV-9A For Sale - $96,500

What experimental is certified for aerobatics?

AFAIK, the Yak 52 and Nanchang CJ6 are classified as experimental and acrobatic up to +5G/-3G limits! If I was rich then a Sukhoi, Extra, Pitts or fancier warbird like an AT-6 or T-34 would be my choice to do fun acro type flying but for under 60K the Yak is bargain!

AFAIK, the Yak 52 and Nanchang CJ6 are classified as experimental and acrobatic up to +5G/-3G limits! If I was rich then a Sukhoi, Extra, Pitts or fancier warbird like an AT-6 or T-34 would be my choice to do fun acro type flying but for under 60K the Yak is bargain!

Yeah, but those aren't FAA certified. The only aerobatic certification they have comes from their manufacturers and I think what the original question was about was FAA certification.

Yeah, but those aren't FAA certified. The only aerobatic certification they have comes from their manufacturers and I think what the original question was about was FAA certification.

:confused: It seems the same to me. The FAA certifies what the factory claims regardless where manufactured, if it's going to be registered with an N-Number.

Back