Van’s Aircraft Facing Challenges

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no secret. Charging more money because you can IS inflation. Every company's goal is to maximize profit.
That's a very modern concept. It used to be the some companies goals were long term sustainability. Or to provide a meaningful life for both themselves *and* their employees. Or to share a passion with consumers. Or to grow the company.

A singular focus on "maximizing profit" is the part of capitalism that makes it harmful and dysfunctional in far too many circumstances. It leads many companies to pay below-poverty wages and leave the government holding the bag to make sure citizens don't starve. It leads many companies to cut corners on safety, leaving employees injured or dead. It leads many companies to gouge customers on things they literally or figuratively cannot live without. At some pretty basic level, it's the reason legal protections exist and libertarianism has never and can't work. Greed isn't good.

A singular focus on "maximizing profit" is the part of capitalism that makes it harmful and dysfunctional in far too many circumstances.

Nonsense. When primers were completely out of stock, there was one store that had them. They had them because they charged so much that the preppers refused to pay for them. Many preppers/stockpilers I talked to boasted about stores they knew that kept prices the same but limited the amount you could purchase. These people (that already had stockpiles) would go in on the day the store got a delivery and buy the limit. That meant that normal people, those with no stockpile, couldn't buy anything, and store would be out of stock in two days.

But the store that raised prices had stock. Those that had a NEED for the product, those that did NOT have a stockpile already were able to buy some.

...libertarianism has never and can't work.

HAHAHAHAHA

Nonsense. When primers were completely out of stock, there was one store that had them. They had them because they charged so much that the preppers refused to pay for them. Many preppers/stockpilers I talked to boasted about stores they knew that kept prices the same but limited the amount you could purchase. These people (that already had stockpiles) would go in on the day the store got a delivery and buy the limit. That meant that normal people, those with no stockpile, couldn't buy anything, and store would be out of stock in two days.

But the store that raised prices had stock. Those that had a NEED for the product, those that did NOT have a stockpile already were able to buy some.

HAHAHAHAHA
Ok boomer. I'm sure the "normal" people felt great about getting gouged during the shortage because it was the only way to stop the free market from making the supplies completely unavailable. I bet they laid in bed every night thanking god that the system worked so well and not worrying at all about whether or not their own business was going to be ruined by the ayn rand's fantasy land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back