Valentine's Day: What kind of lover are you?

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Keep it clean.

Maybe on topic since the 14th is the Hallmark Day of Love and greeting cards.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/02/09/healthmag.lover/index.html
Knowing your style can help you evaluate your relationship, says Susan Hendrick, Ph.D., a psychology professor at Texas Tech University, who -- with her husband and research partner, Clyde Hendrick, Ph.D. -- has spent 25 years studying relationships. It'll help you have more realistic expectations about how love happens for you and how it evolves.

They go on to describe these basic types:
  • The romantic
  • The list-maker
  • The obsessive
  • The giver
  • The player
  • The pal
But I think they forgot a few. For instance.

The Fixed Wing Pilot
You can't do anything without a checklist and significant planning. You have had much training but are reluctant to stray from your area of proficiency. Continuous upgrade of your instrument panel occupies most of your thoughts. Be cautious to only involve those upgrade that are truly needed to avoid turbulence in your relationship.

Anyone else or I am being a little caffeine deprived this morning?

The also forgot

The Renter

I'm sure you can fill the rest in.

Well, we know what type of lover you are then. ;) :rofl:

Wow. I'm retarded.

I just reread the thread. I guess that's what happens when you don't pay attention to the thread title and only read the bold part.

Last edited:
The Comfortable
You've been together so long you go together as well as an old pair of shoes. You enjoy trying and learning new things with each other because it keeps you sharp, but you feel just as happy staying within the routine and maintaining currency, too.

Last edited:
Keep it clean.

The Fixed Wing Pilot
You can't do anything without a checklist and significant planning. You have had much training but are reluctant to stray from your area of proficiency. Continuous upgrade of your instrument panel occupies most of your thoughts. Be cautious to only involve those upgrade that are truly needed to avoid turbulence in your relationship.

Anyone else or I am being a little caffeine deprived this morning?

You are caffine deprived, but that's a whole 'nother topic.

You forgot
The Ag Pilot

Wake up and jump right in. Warm it up good then apply full power, work it hard all day while it shakes and groans, in and out of the field over and over again, just stopping for the occassional drink then put it away thoroughly wet with the job fully covered. Get up the next day and do it all over again.

The Refusing To Participate
Thinks "what a stupid holiday, purely invented to sell stuff to couples and make single people miserable at the same time." Whether single or in a couple, has attended enough anti-Valentines-Day parties when single to be disgusted with the whole concept. When asked by sweetie what she wants for the holiday, answers "Nothing, dammit!" and goes off on a rant about consumerism. Then admits that a nice home-cooked dinner would be really great.

--Kath

The Freight Dog
Too darn tired to even notice that it's not a dark night just like every other dark night. Running on autopilot from take off to landing.

Enthusiastic :goofy:
Loves love and doesn't need a special day to celebrate it. Takes advantage of the celebratory nature of the day regardless ;)

OK really: I have been extensively tested lately - I am a ENTP, high D with C tendencies kind of guy, but I don't seem to fit into any of the above categories. Which is probably a good thing. Somewhere between a pal, a romantic and a giver I suppose. Definitely not a list maker.

Last edited:
The Distracted.

You don't fully realize that Valentine's day looms on the horizon until you read it on POA forum. See also: The Motivated Shopper, the Overspender, and the Cooking-Because-It's-Too-Late-For-Reservations lovers.

My wife and I are the We don't celebrate an artifically created, corporate excuse to spend money and pretend it's romantic types.

Instead we just cherish each other daily...

My wife and I are the We don't celebrate an artifically created, corporate excuse to spend money and pretend it's romantic types.

Instead we just cherish each other daily...
You know, I was under that impression too, but supposedly the first Valentines card was in the 15th century. Of course, American Greetings contributed the the history I read at www.history.com. You don't think they could be slanting the picture a little, do you?:dunno::rofl:

Back