Vacations part two

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
Since we are talking about vacations (Kaye's thread) just thought I'd say my Mom is on the road, due to arrive at my house in a few hours... and tomorrow is my last day at work until May 29! We are heading to Italy!

Lake Como (check out the movie A Month by the Lake with Vanessa Redgrave and Uma Thurman for some stunning views...) then off to Venice... then Florence (see the movie Up at the Villa for great views of Florence - Kristin Scott Thomas and Sean Penn)... then to the Val d'Orcia, staying in Pienza (the movie the English Patient was filmed in and around Pienza - the abbey? Sant'Anna in Camprena - I had photos of it, here, a while ago...) and then Rome... See a Roman Holiday with Audrey Hepburn for some good shots of Rome.

sigh. almost there! I didn't get a wink of sleep last night - waiting and waiting and waiting for months for May to arrive - and now it's here! :yes:

And you bail on us yet again for a fly in.

:redface: Sorry.

I may also be sent to Mexico for a project, the day after I get back in the US again. I am hoping not - at least not that close in time. a week later, sure.

3 weeks!!!! I'm jealous. Hell, I'd forget all my passwords if I was gone that long.:rolleyes:

Have tons of fun!:yes:

Beth,

Go have fun. Lake Como is beautiful, but if you can get over to Lake Garda (even for a day) the gardens are outstanding.

Pictures! We want pictures!

thanks everyone. This is going to be a treat. I'm taking Mom, and this is the longest amount of time I've had off in about two years! (since New Zealand in 2005).

Back