Vacation!

Ted

The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted
Display Name

Display name:
iFlyNothing
Last year the only personal trip we took was to Nebraska for Thanksgiving. Time to start doing some trips that we want to, so we're heading to tropical Newfoundland.

Flight plan should show up around 5 AM tomorrow. Y'all have fun while we're gone. Wayne, keep the rif-raf in line.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N488SP

Let me know when your plane breaks down. I'll fire up the -10 and come get you. :rofl:

Yeah, the takeoff performance is great up there this time of year! :D

Those were my favorite days in MT -25F, all the moisture SQEEEEEZED out of the air and you can see for forver, 150HP Cherokee launches off the runway like a rocket, nobody else in the air to worry about, and warm from the ankles down.

FYI, It's the middle of February.

I've flown the -10 and -12 in -8f. We're good to go with any spam can rescue mission. :eek: :lol:

I've got the -10 set up with dual heat muffs. At -10f he heaters will make you take your coat off... front of back seat. . :yes:

Last edited:
None of those sissy trips to the caribbean in the winter for you.

Maybe if you get tired of the cold a trip out to death valley next August will be in order.:dunno::)

None of those sissy trips to the caribbean in the winter for you.

Why would I go that way? It's too warm! ;)

Actually we might do something like that in a future winter.

Maybe if you get tired of the cold a trip out to death valley next August will be in order.:dunno::)

That seems unlikely, especially without air conditioning. But maybe some winter once kiddo learns how to ski we could meet in Taos. :)

That seems unlikely, especially without air conditioning. But maybe some winter once kiddo learns how to ski we could meet in Taos. :)

Anytime, you guys always have a place to stay up here.

Fly safe and have a good time.

No, that's what you read into it. Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. ;)

Nor is it yours, I asked if anyone could pass a third class medical but ONLY flew SPL and you chimed in.... and own an RV-10.

I've flown the -10 and -12 in -8f. We're good to go with any spam can rescue mission. :lol:

I've got the -10 set up with dual heat muffs. At -10f he heaters will make you take your coat off... front of back seat. . :yes:

I lived NW Montana (and AK but Anchorage is warmer than MT), -10F can be cozy. The coldest I ever saw the OAT gauge on the ground was -27F. Luckily I was in a 1963 Cherokee, so I was warm from ankles down. I may have actually melted my shoe that day.

Wilco. Send me your stick so I'll have an extra to thump on them with both hands if they get rowdy.

Last year the only personal trip we took was to Nebraska for Thanksgiving. Time to start doing some trips that we want to, so we're heading to tropical Newfoundland.

Flight plan should show up around 5 AM tomorrow. Y'all have fun while we're gone. Wayne, keep the rif-raf in line.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N488SP

[FONT=Monospace,Courier]CYYT 172325Z 11030G41KT 2SM FZRA -PL BR OVC004 M01/M01 A2941 RMK SF8 PRESFR SLP966[/FONT]

Why are we the only ones who came up here for vacation this time of year? :dunno:

Of course, when we landed yesterday it was perfectly clear, not a cloud in the sky. Wind 7 kts.

[FONT=Monospace,Courier]CYYT 172325Z 11030G41KT 2SM FZRA -PL BR OVC004 M01/M01 A2941 RMK SF8 PRESFR SLP966[/FONT]

Why are we the only ones who came up here for vacation this time of year? :dunno:

Of course, when we landed yesterday it was perfectly clear, not a cloud in the sky. Wind 7 kts.

G41 is fun, puts hair on your chest. Did they charge you extra for the 2SM and FZRA?

G41 is fun, puts hair on your chest. Did they charge you extra for the 2SM and FZRA?

G41 is just another day at the office up here. But the giant low coming through with tops somewhere in the flight levels would not have allowed us to come today. Good thing we came yesterday!

Back