Using PPL practice book for SPL

MDeitch1976

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
MattCanFly
So, I have the Private Pilots License FAA knowledge test book from Gleim. Is it really necessary to use the Sport Pilot practice book? From glancing at at SPL book, it appeared to just have less information then the PPL. Other then having some more restrictions on the SPL, if I know them can I just use the PPL book?

If you know the regulations and restrictions applicable to Sport Pilot, the rest should be the same from PP -- you'll just be learning things you don't have to know for the Sport Pilot written, but I don't think that's a bad thing. ;)

Thank you Ron.
I am happy with obtaining the additional information. I will later in the summer begin the process of transitioning to a PPL. The sooner I begin to learn the information, the more time I will have to know it later on.

That said, if you're chuffing over the price of a book, boy are you in for a nasty surprise!

That said, if you're chuffing over the price of a book, boy are you in for a nasty surprise!
He's in a Private Pilot ground school, so that's the book they're using. No point getting a Sport Pilot test guide just for the questions on 61.3xx.

What Ron said.
The price of the book is not an issue. I am just questioning as to whether there is any information more than just the restrictions? If not, I have all the restrictions I need to study, and where I stand so far in the PPL book, I feel I would score in the 90% score range. I still have plenty of more time to study my problem areas.

What Ron said.
The price of the book is not an issue. I am just questioning as to whether there is any information more than just the restrictions? If not, I have all the restrictions I need to study, and where I stand so far in the PPL book, I feel I would score in the 90% score range. I still have plenty of more time to study my problem areas.

Nope, there won't be anything else. I scored a 98 using a private book. Just make sure you know your restrictions and you'll be fine.

Back