User Fees & Politics

What should happen with discussion on user fees?

• Leave things as they are.

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • It's inevitable some issues surrounding user fees will be political.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Move all user fee topic posts to the Spin Zone.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • This is a rediculous argument. Let's just keep discussion going!

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
K

KennyFlys

It appears I have offended at least one person with regard to my comments on user fees. They believe it should be in the Spin Zone.

They said there were others but the one shown as an example and was offensive to them was this one where I stated:

They are probably confused on which side to come down on; the big business airlines or the little wealthy airplane owners/pilots. What they'll never admit is many of the latter are shareholders in the former; well, until the bankruptcy court wipes out that liability. :dunno:

It's going to be difficult to discuss user fees, particularly with NPR, without it headed for spin zone.
I've made probably a half dozen posts regarding user fees, if that many. In this known example, I acknowledged what may come. I don't think I took it further but given the volatility of the issue, it may well head there as time progresses.

Since many do not frequent the Spin Zone, it's brought up by many of those same people in the Hangar Talk section. Should it be in the open area? Should it be relegated to the Spin Zone? Or, should we trust the judgment of the MC's to determine when it steps over-bounds?

Personally, I don't know how one can view any effort by the government to take a citizen's money and not consider it a political issue. Even those politicians who are against user fees have a political stake in the issue along with those who may be pilots.

How do you feel about the issue? How important is it the matter remain in the open threads so it invites more discussion? Keep in mind, it's the publishing in the open thread where more information will be brought out as it's released in the media or by various organizations.

My thought is to leave well enough alone. If MC decides the discussion is taking a turn toward the political spectrum, they can move it to spin zone. Until that time, I'd like to think we can keep the conversation civil and in an open forum.
That being said, any discussion about taxes and/or user fees of any kind will inevitably turn political at some point.

It appears I have offended at least one person with regard to my comments on user fees. They believe it should be in the Spin Zone.

Kenny,

As I quite clearly explained in my PM reply to you, I have NO problem with user fee discussions. Yet, you feel you need to start a poll? And to keep on your track of putting words into others' mouths?

Your poll options all seem to slant in your favor, too... What's the point?

So, I've found my path to happiness here:

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=1270

Kenny....What are you trying to start...Clearly it's been a rough night for you with your latest log on to flashchat, explode, log off routine...

kenny_grumpy.jpg

What's up lately? I think we need to find you a woman.

Wow Kent.. I am suddenly much happier.

If user fees are not aviation related I don't know what is. Yes it is also political but the spin zone is for non-aviation related subjects. From the current poll results everybody agrees with me.
JRitt for President :goofy:

WTF Over?

Scott,

The whole thing is bull****. Kenny is referring to me. And no, I don't think user fee discussion belongs in the spin zone. We had a discussion in PM over certain comments of his that I believe should be in the spin zone, and the first example I came up with happened to be in a thread about user fees. (The comment, however, was not.)

So, apparently he's trying to make a poll to prove himself right or something, when I have no argument with this issue. It would be about as relevant as me saying you were a jerk and then posting a poll asking if the sky was blue.

Ignore it, and it'll go away. (Hmmm, that's good advice, I should heed it...)

Hey, guys (and gals...).

The MC has started to become concerned about the personal tone of comments in some of these threads.

Just a reminder that we want discussions to be civil here, and a request that y'all try and keep the discussions from becoming too personal. It'll make everyone's life easier.

Thanks....

I just want to add, the decision as to whether posts belong in spin zone after they've been created is not a subject for a public vote.

User Fees are political but they are aviation related. As long as the political discussion remains focused on aviation material, they don't belong in the Spin Zone - the Spin Zone is for *NON* aviation related hot topics.

Can't we all just get along and play nice; displaying tolerance of each others shortcomings; and celebrating their strengths.

No, I guess not! And we want the WORLD to get along!

Scott

Back