astanley

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Andrew Stanley
From the most recent edition of AINAlerts

AINAlerts said:
White House Budget Alludes To User-fee Proposal
Last week, the White House introduced its proposed budget for federal programs in fiscal year 2007 that includes language calling for a new funding mechanism for the FAA. According to the proposal, the “FAA aims to create a more direct relationship between user fees collected and services received.” NBAA noted that the proposal “comes amidst remarks” from other prominent Washington officials indicating a willingness to change the FAA’s funding method to one based on user fees, including for general aviation. “"The Administration’s proposal now seems clear, and the decision-makers reviewing the proposal will be on Capitol Hill",” said NBAA president and CEO Ed Bolen. "“If our industry cares about this issue, we must ensure that members of Congress know of our opposition to user fees."” To facilitate this, NBAA provides an online option to send e-mails to Congressmen.

Will they roll back fuel taxes as well? I bet not!

Cheers,

-Andrew

astanley said:
Will they roll back fuel taxes as well? I bet not!

Great point. And the answer is NO.

Agree with Anthony.

And with the ADIZ and other airspace limitations, participation will be essentially mandatory if you want any utility out of your aircraft.

Sigh.

Might be time to yank the transponder and "accidentally" misstate my call sign. *sigh*

Anthony said:
Great point. And the answer is NO.

I wouldn't be surprised if ATA gets some sort of silly tax rebate for "high volume fuel purchases" too. Sigh...

I guess I will fly VFR everywhere and go above or below everybody's air space.

JRitt said:
I guess I will fly VFR everywhere and go above or below everybody's air space.

That's tough for some of us. I am based in a cutout under Denver Class B. I hope AOPA is prioritizing this stuff.

1. ADIZ in all cities

2. User Fees

3. Fuel costs/tax

These three issues will kill GA.

Back