Useless Flight Training

jasonlee

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
jasonlee
Should there be any centralized and international flight training regulations. Unfortunately in countries like Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, flight equipment, airplanes, navigation system and documentation like charts are old and trained pilots can not qualify for airline jobs.

This results in money and time waste. What do you think?

If poorly trained pilots can't qualify for jobs now how would making a higher international standard help them? Unless you want to make new rules and ship in buckets of other countries money nothing would change. Foreign aid for training foreign airline pilots, that'd be real popular among the pros(we probably send money for worse)

This is the USA's problem to solve and not that of the other countries?

And you need to qualify what population of trained pilots (US born and trained, foreign born and trained, foreign born US trained) you're speaking of.

Lots of the 3rd option going on. Many active part 141 schools in the US have contracts with foreign countries and companies to train their professional pilots.

Should there be any centralized and international flight training regulations. Unfortunately in countries like Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, flight equipment, airplanes, navigation system and documentation like charts are old and trained pilots can not qualify for airline jobs.

ICAO provides standardization, which those countries are a party to. There is no such thing as international regulations, as individual countries are sovereign. They may agree to enact their own regulations by treaty, but are not obligated to do so.

Hi. Welcome to PoA. We like to be able to discuss issues and solutions here on the "front porch" of aviation. You are not getting the sort of answers you need because the questions are sort of strange. Why not introduce yourself to us and let us know what your goals are and what the issues are in reaching those goals.

I see in another thread that you have completed your CPL and are looking for a school to continue your training. Did you get your certificate in this country? What is your native country or the one you want to fly in? If you have a certificate, why are you looking for a different school?

It usually works best to present the problem such as "I'm confused about training regulations." instead of proposing a solution such as "centralized and international flight training regulations". That way, we are all working toward the proper goal.

That's why the ones who want to be airline pilots come here to train. For the benefit of our flight schools, CFIs, hotels, apartment owners, restaurants, etc. I'd like to see it stay that way.

If poorly trained pilots can't qualify for jobs now how would making a higher international standard help them? Unless you want to make new rules and ship in buckets of other countries money nothing would change. Foreign aid for training foreign airline pilots, that'd be real popular among the pros(we probably send money for worse)

Yes, the fact that my tax dollars go to USAID to train Sri Lankans to do my job so US corporations (They lobby heavily for this) can have cheap labor burns my ass. I don't mind competing in a global market, but lets not rob me to decrease my pay.

@AuntPeggy It would be nice to talk politely, but why are you so agressive. Sorry, seems like you are too afraid of my idea. Be calm, talking about general issues regarding world aviation is not harmful. I came up with an idea and wanted to know thoughts. Yes i am CPL and will soon complete my A320 rating. Would love to have a ride with you !!

I had few friends from asia living nearby my flat, they discuss with me these issues and i though why not to pitch it and come up with some ideas.

Be caml, helping others is not bad. Think about you are also helped in some manner by others. Having a soft corner for others is also isnt bad.

@AuntPeggy It would be nice to talk politely, but why are you so agressive. Sorry, seems like you are too afraid of my idea. Be calm, talking about general issues regarding world aviation is not harmful. I came up with an idea and wanted to know thoughts. Yes i am CPL and will soon complete my A320 rating. Would love to have a ride with you !!

I had few friends from asia living nearby my flat, they discuss with me these issues and i though why not to pitch it and come up with some ideas.

Be caml, helping others is not bad. Think about you are also helped in some manner by others. Having a soft corner for others is also isnt bad.

Aunt Peggy. Aggressive. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Welcome.

Aunt Peggy's post didn't seem at all hostile to me. She's just trying to focus the discussion to help answer your question.

It appears to me that American English may not be your first language, so possibly AP's comments seemed hostile to you.

-Rich

You are the one who needs to be calm... :D she's only trying to better understand what you are talking about. :rolleyes2:

Let me ask a different way: what differences do you see between, say, Pakistan and the US in terms of standards? Are there no rules in Pakistan about flying with outdated charts or equipment that is not regularly inspected? In what way are the other standards lacking, in your opinion?

There is also the matter of the ICAO, which already does, in fact, devise and implement standards on an international level. Among the 191 member states cooperating with the ICAO, I see the three you mentioned (Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh).
What more, in your opinion, does the ICAO need to do in those three countries? Are the ICAO's standards being ignored? Is there not enough capital to apply these standards? Or is the ICAO just not involved enough with training? I am not challenging you so much as asking you... I know very little about flight training in those countries. Before I can suggest some more regulations, I'd like to know more about what regulations already exist, and whether or not they are being taken seriously. :dunno:

If you think Peggy's comments are hostile I can only imagine your reaction to the sim instructors when you go for your type rating.

I can't make heads or tails of your OP question, so I'll make a broad suggestion. I have found that when I think the system is stacked against me, 99% of the time I find the preponderance of the problem is the man looking at me in the mirror. All the time spent reaching that conclusion was time wasted on solving the problem.

Welfare, no matter how you disguise, it is always bad, as there is very little return on investment.
More regulation is almost as bad as more welfare, as it always cost more money, and there is never any return on investment.
If a country doesn't have a population capable of paying their own way, then it's up to that country to find a way to solve the problem, not inflict them with outside regulations.

Just my humble opinion.

My guess is the OP was roundabout asking for other countries money to make pilots in his country. No thanks.

Back