Used Laptops, is this for real?

Most likely. I see lot of used laptops for sale at what seems to be really good prices. I have bought a couple albeit at hamfest and use them for very limited things. Many are older with not a lot of umph nor much memory.

I'd be slightly wary.

#1 notice that the FAQ is picking a fight with you before you even place an order. I take that as a sign that's how you'll get treated once they have your money.

#2 I doubt the full fresh install of Windows XP will pass Windows Genuine Advantage check. Been there. Got burned with that. Windows costs almost more than they're charging for the laptop.

#3 They can get as much for parts on eBay than they're charging for the whole kit, much less any time they spent refurbing and testing.

I'd only try it if I already had the same model and I wanted a parts donor.

I'd strongly suspect "ship within 30 days" means they don't actually have one, but they'll work on one for you when they find one and the opportunity arises.

Really makes me nervous when they can't spell anything correctly, are aggressive, and when you can't find anything about them using Google, under either their main domain or pf-familybusinesses.com (their other site). Something smells funny. Remember the 'if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is' adage.

"We ship 'em as fast as we can steal 'em!"

I've bought several used (off lease) laptops from these guys with good results.
erpcsales.com, used to be Electro-Rent. They alway stood behind the product if I had a problem. Only once did I have a problem and they swapped the unit out in 2 days.

http://www.erpcsales.com/products/s...Number=DELL-C610-7S1.0M/20/256/D/ME&Source=FP
Pricier, yes, but with backing too.

You find lots of those guys on eBay.

Having been burned again recently I have to keep telling myself to stay away from eBay, though.

"We ship 'em as fast as we can steal 'em!"

Oh, yeah!

Another thing!

"We generally ship within 30 days" and taking PayPal means that all they gotta do is tell you it'll ship next week when the 30 days are up and they get to keep your money.

"We generally ship within 30 days" and taking PayPal means that all they gotta do is tell you it'll ship next week when the 30 days are up and they get to keep your money.
Unless you pay with a credit card, that is; you can still charge that back for another period of time, depending on when your billing cycle runs. I've gotten money back that way after the PayPal period ran out.

Every Business FAQ should include a long tirade on how they deal with "Uncooperative customers."

You'd be better off dealing with a pawn shop

Some pictures on this site look fimilar ? A. Some product pictures were taken by us and others are from google pictures. The google pictures posted on this website are PICTURES OF THE EXACT ITEMS BEING SOLD AND ARE BEING USED BECAUSE THEY BEST REPRESENT THE PRODUCTS.

are? or are not the same items? i'm confused....

Some pictures on this site look fimilar ? A. Some product pictures were taken by us and others are from google pictures. The google pictures posted on this website are PICTURES OF THE EXACT ITEMS BEING SOLD AND ARE BEING USED BECAUSE THEY BEST REPRESENT THE PRODUCTS.

are? or are not the same items? i'm confused....

They tracked down the EXACT SAME ITEMS used in the google pictures...

Except the pictures only "represent" the products.

Got it?

Back