Used GPS and Weather

Aztec Driver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Bryon
I am looking at purchasing a Garmin 396 used, and was wondering what people here thought my current pieces are worth. I have a Garmin 196 b&w screen unit, which works perfectly, and an HP IPAQ 5915 travel companion PDA unit w/ anywhere map and xm weather that I currently use. I hate to get rid of my PDA, as I use it for other things as well, but I am sure I can make do. The Garmin I got before I had an aircraft with a decent GPS, and then I got the weather capability of the anywhere map. I like the ease of use of the Garmin, but want the weather of the anywhere map. I have found, using someone elses 396 that I rather like that unit. I just was wondering if it was worth trying to sell the other units to offset some of the other unit's cost.

I am looking at purchasing a Garmin 396 used, and was wondering what people here thought my current pieces are worth. I have a Garmin 196 b&w screen unit, which works perfectly, and an HP IPAQ 5915 travel companion PDA unit w/ anywhere map and xm weather that I currently use. I hate to get rid of my PDA, as I use it for other things as well, but I am sure I can make do. The Garmin I got before I had an aircraft with a decent GPS, and then I got the weather capability of the anywhere map. I like the ease of use of the Garmin, but want the weather of the anywhere map. I have found, using someone elses 396 that I rather like that unit. I just was wondering if it was worth trying to sell the other units to offset some of the other unit's cost.

I'd try to sell them. I used to have a 196 and it's a good GPS. I now have a 396
and XM Weather. Very handy. You'll like it.

Look in Trade_A-Plane at the used avionic ads... Figure you can sell the 196 for half of what they are asking then go to Ebay and see what the going prices are....
Myself I keep the older Garmin over on the copilots yoke and the new one on my yoke...

denny-o

You can probably find a 396 with all of the accessories (XM antenna (GXM30), yoke mount, cigarette lighter, bag, charger, etc) for about $900 on eBay.

I'd definitely sell the other stuff to offset the cost. Once you have the 396, you won't use the other stuff at all.

-Nathan

Back