USB Keyboard ?

kgruber

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Skywag
I am reviving a 10 year old WINXP desktop to use as a dedicated scanner.

The old keyboard is gone, but I "think" the name of the connector was ps/2. I plan on buying a cheap new keyboard, and they seem to all be USB. The box has plenty of USB ports.

Will it work?

While you're at it, go with a cordless USB for both the keyboard and mouse. You'll never look back.

USB "human input device" standards were well-set by XP. "Fancy" keyboards with feature buttons may need a driver for those buttons to work.

Thanks, everyone.

Off to eBay for a cordless keyboard!
Try Walmart. You can get it right away for a few dollars more. My favorite place is MicroCenter, they have locations all over, so check there too.

While you're at it, go with a cordless USB for both the keyboard and mouse. You'll never look back.

I'll second that. I have both, and they're very easy on batteries and come with some neat features. Any necessary software should come with both.

Try Walmart. You can get it right away for a few dollars more. My favorite place is MicroCenter, they have locations all over, so check there too.

Too late. I already bought this one.

The VAST majority, and this as well, of "manufacturer refurbished" stuff is actually brand new.

Anyway, the closest traffic signal to where I live is 50 miles away. And so is Walmart!

Cool, looks like a great deal. FYI, for all of you Ebay users, go to http://feedbackselector.com/ to get specific seller/item feedback. I imagine that one day Ebay will allow filtered feedback results.

Too late. I already bought this one.

The VAST majority, and this as well, of "manufacturer refurbished" stuff is actually brand new.

Anyway, the closest traffic signal to where I live is 50 miles away. And so is Walmart!

That sounds like a perfect setup for Amazon Prime. ;)

Back