USAF "Agility Prime" Flying Car Project Kickoff

Stan Cooper

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Stan Cooper
This is going to be fun to watch. Today was the first day of weeklong meetings.

Agility Prime

Attachments

• Agility-Prime-ICO.pdf
    621.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Agility-Prime-Area of Interest 1.pdf
    150.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I hear the sound of tax money being flushed down thousands of $700 toilets.
That's pretty funny. I hear the sound of the Air Force stimulating innovation leading to U.S. jobs in what could otherwise become another economic boom for China. Ya' know, sorta like the U.S. sitting on the sidelines watching China innovate in the drone market and taking over development and manufacturing.

Taylor-Aerocar-III.jpg

When thinking about flying carts for the public, the whole concept is a joke. If driver's license tests were 25% as difficult as PPL, the roads would be nearly empty.

What's required for operate a flying car? LSA license and DL? Need IFR rating for weather? night currency requirements? Periodic medical exam?

When thinking about flying carts for the public, the whole concept is a joke. If driver's license tests were 25% as difficult as PPL, the roads would be nearly empty.

What's required for operate a flying car? LSA license and DL? Need IFR rating for weather? night currency requirements? Periodic medical exam?
They will be autonomous. No license needed. According to the people proposing this, not me.

I hear the sound of the Air Force stimulating innovation leading to U.S. jobs in what could otherwise become another economic boom for China.
I am aware of organizations that decline to participate in these blanket openings because they are seen as fishing expeditions to find out what IP they have and typically result in very small contracts if any at all.

Nauga,
and his sensitivity training

They will be autonomous. No license needed. According to the people proposing this, not me.

I hear Yea. I keep thinking about the difficulty of getting new autopilots approved for part 23 aircraft and the challenges Tesla has/had with teething problems their autonomous driving. Let along combing those together for daily driver situations airborne.

The coolest application of a flying vehicle was the flying Chinese restaurant food truck in the 5th element. Pretty cool as it hovered up to Bruce Willis's apartment window.

I have an I/A friend who works for a start-up here in the valley with a flying prototype of an autonomous 172SP. Taxi, take-off, cruise, land, etc. all automated. Would be nice to see a proven platform like an autonomous 172 get approved first flying between airports. Lots of hesitancy from the FAA as one could imagine. Seems like a new approval framework would be helpful for this application.

Stuff like this leads me to believe the military doesn't have advanced alien tech hidden in a hanger somewhere.
JMHO

Stuff like this leads me to believe the military doesn't have advanced alien tech hidden in a hanger somewhere.
This is exactly the kind of cover project that would be used to disguise the roll out of the alien tech. Just like the so called "Saturn V"...
;-)

These folks appear to still be in the game:

These folks appear to still be in the game:
Dale, I think the Blackfly is one of the products inspiring the Air Force to initiate Agility Prime.

Very long (6 hrs, 20 mins) video. I know, TLDW. ;)
Watch starting at 32:00.

Last edited:
Back