Upgrading to a 1st class medical...

U

Unregistered

Hey all!

Read some great topics on this board. First a little back ground on me, I currently have a third class medical and a private certificate. I'm looking to upgrade to a first class medical and pursure a career in commercial, possibly, airline certificates. So my question is, I have seen a therapist because of a loss of a relationship and the Christmas seasons blues. After seeing the therapist for a while they concluded that I did not need medicine and I did not warrant a dianogstic code. Even after the treatment, I continued to see them but just as a person to talk about life's regular problems (job stress, other relationships etc). How does this 1. Affect the medical issuance part and 2. A future job in the industry. I for one think that my initiative to seek a little extra help when life got hard for a moment as a good example of taking care of oneself and getting the problem solved.

Thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Soon to be a commercial pilot

Based on your description, you must report the visits. I'll wait for one of the AMEs to chime in here, as these are good questions.

I'm curious, did you pay for all of this out of pocket? Your statement that you didn't warrant a diagnosis is unusual to me.

Personally, I agree with you that dealing with the issues with the help of a professional should be regarded as the kind of behavior the FAA would want to encourage.

Report it, but as you continued with your life and did not need Rx support, it will be a yawn (all classes). :)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back