Updating address with FAA

H

HomelessPilot

I'm in the process of moving and went to update my address with the FAA.

I still own the address on my pilot certificate, and have a PO Box from a commercial provider. I moved out of the house but will not have a residence address with mail for three-plus months.

The FAA website says: "A Post Office Box is not acceptable as a residence address. A residence address must be furnished. If you want us to use your P.O. Box rather than your residence as your mailing address you may provide both."

What do I do?
Seems my best course is to add my PO Box and keep my residence address, even though I'm no longer there.

I'd do what you suggested.

I use my PO box on mine, seems the smarter way to go for things like this

If you can, use Mom's home address, as long as she promises to forward your mail.
The FAA has to have a way to find you for certificate action. You don't live in. P.O. box.

They hate PO box addresses but I have several airmen who still use them....most military aviators have an APO address!

There is ZERO reason anyone I personally don't know needs to know where me and mine live/sleep.

You want to get ahold of me by mail, a PO box is all you need, it's also waaaay more secure compared to a street side mailbox.

I live out of the city limits and so the post office does not deliver in my area. I use a PO box as a mailing address, and the house number for a physical address.

I live at the physical address, but the FAA uses my PO box for mailings. (as such the time I had to get a special issuance medical for a while) I seem to remember at one time I had to submit a hand drawn map to my house.

You can do it HERE. If you don't have an account, create one. Then go to the Change of Address page and fill it out. There is a box in which you can provide physical directions to your house.

Noah W

OP here. Many thanks to everyone for the helpful advice. I got it taken care of with no problem.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back