Unsafe Flight- Watch it HERE!

Ha, that's funny, Scott. Spike agreeing with a post that says that everyone agreeing makes for boring posts. lol! Good catch. Me thinks Spike did that on purpose. He's witty that way.

Does anyone besides me remember a shot in the video where he had an apparent bank well in excess of 60* close to the ground? Can't analyze it anymore, and it could have been an illusion, but...

Do you mean this bank angle??????

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:
What a bunch of freedom hating weenies. You people make me sick.

The first thing I learned about tanks (when our national guard unit was switched from infantry to armor) is that they are miserably hot places to work in Ft. Hood, TX. I used my radio operator's license (required then for pilots) and ham operator's license to get the MOS slot as "sparky the radio guy" for our tank batallion. Had my own personnel carrier (mobile repair station) as well as jeep and driver (Dudley Savage). Not bad for an E-5.

Funny, first thing they taught me in M1 Abrams Tank school was "Don't swerve to avoid trees and other obstacles -- just drive through them..."

I'll think I'll use that on if I'm ever in a fender-bender.

:rolleyes:

The first thing I learned about tanks (when our national guard unit was switched from infantry to armor) is that they are miserably hot places to work in Ft. Hood, TX. I used my radio operator's license (required then for pilots) and ham operator's license to get the MOS slot as "sparky the radio guy" for our tank batallion. Had my own personnel carrier (mobile repair station) as well as jeep and driver (Dudley Savage). Not bad for an E-5.

Yes they are -- but good use of the M-1's NBC overpressure system can help somewhat.

:smile:

Funny -- when you're on tanks, you envy the Infantry -- everything they need is lightweight and man-portable.

When I left Armor and Scouts to command an Infantry Company, I realized that the worst part of Infantry is that everything needed is man-portable.

:frown3:

When I left Armor and Scouts to command an Infantry Company, I realized that the worst part of Infantry is that everything needed is man-portable.

:frown3:

LOL....too true!

Hell try Airborne, everything we carry is man-portable and must be jumped in!

*remembers a jump into the desert with the M60 AND freaking radio, thanks to some sick troopers not able to make the jump. :rolleyes:

LOL....too true!

Hell try Airborne, everything we carry is man-portable and must be jumped in!

*remembers a jump into the desert with the M60 AND freaking radio, thanks to some sick troopers not able to make the jump. :rolleyes:

Times have certainly changed. When I was in the 101st in the late fifties and early sixties, if you loaded on to a jump plane, you did not land with it. Airsick paratroopers were called "door bundles" if they were to weak to stand and hook themselves up.

John

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back