Unmanned ATC

I like it. Better than ADS B and less government spend on something that 75% of the airborn fleet doesn't use anyway.

I need to look into investment options here...

Lets see, 5000 public use airports in the U.S. * 1 million dollars each = 5 billion dollars to prevent one or two mid air collisions a year.

Yea. It's worth it. The numbers are almost as good as ADS B...

Lets see, 5000 public use airports in the U.S. * 1 million dollars each = 5 billion dollars to prevent one or two mid air collisions a year.

Yea. It's worth it. The numbers are almost as good as ADS B...

You're forgetting to subtract the amount wasted on having a person look at a screen and tell us something that we likely already know, or could find out on our own anyway....like "Airport 10 o'clock, 8 miles, report in sight."

Fits right in with unmanned aircraft. It's just like the airlines, if they could only get rid of those pesky passengers everything would be hunky dory. I mean really, the bottom line is that PEOPLE are the real problem. If we could eliminate all of the people things would run so much smoother. :rolleyes:

I like it. Better than ADS B and less government spend on something that 75% of the airborn fleet doesn't use anyway.

75%? That's absurd. Do you really think VFR GA traffic is the major share of traffic?

It must work hand and hand with ADSB . What ever happened to see and avoid at uncontrolled fields? Just another way of the government controlling GA.

If everyone has ADSB after 2020, why is this needed?

If everyone has ADSB after 2020, why is this needed?

:mad2:

On May 27, 2010 the FAA issued a final rule mandating Automatic Dependant Surveillance –Broadcast (ADS-B) equipage. Effective on January 1, 2020, any aircraft operating in airspace where a Mode C transponder is required today, will also be required to carry an ADS-B OUT transmitter. The FAA is not mandating ADS-B IN systems with this rule.

Well, true, ADSD out wil alert those with ADSB in, and I don't think it is required below 10,000 MSL more than 30nm from a class b airport.

So true, everyone won't see the traffic.

Interesting that the system will give verbal traffic advisories based on detected traffic?

Well, true, ADSD out wil alert those with ADSB in, and I don't think it is required below 10,000 MSL more than 30nm from a class b airport.

So true, everyone won't see the traffic.

Interesting that the system will give verbal traffic advisories based on detected traffic?

Yeah I would be very interested to hear what those advisories sound like. Even more impressive is that it can direct advisories to specific aircraft, and speak their tail number.

Yeah I would be very interested to hear what those advisories sound like. Even more impressive is that it can direct advisories to specific aircraft, and speak their tail number.

Week, they would only know their tail number with ADSB out or a Mode S transponder? (hex code loaded in the system)

I'm sure it will work pretty well for its intended purpose. The problem is when the lawyers and actuaries get a hold of it. We have contract towers where qualified humans aren't allowed to tell us the primary target we see is N123 who had a cold transponder that isn't showing. We're actually left on our own to figure that out through identifying turns. The reason is it would cost the contract companies more in insurance as it opens them up to more liability.

:confused: The only way this can work is as a supplemental system to ADS-B (or TIS), not as a replacement. One will still need the ability to receive the data and graphically display it.

Back