Unbelievably Good News

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Lobos are #10 in the country, baby. We are a top 10 team!

Yea, I can speak for many here that are just over joyed. :D

Have you been following woman's BBall? Husker women are 25 - 0!, with 4 games left for the regular season. My Husker-etts are on fire!

Then again, the Husker men haven't figured out that putting the ball in the hoop is the object of the game. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I predict a round 2 bouncing of the Hobos in the NCAA tourney. :D

So this means they'll be seeded at the 1st round site farthest from NM, right? Which is like, all of them.

LOL. I'm hoping for a Salt Lake City, UT 1st round, as that will draw the most fans. Unfortunately, BYU's little restriction on playing on Sundays is going to play hell with the Selection Committee's decision, because I guess religion somehow trumps performance....

Somehow, I figure BYU will wind up with Salt Lake City, while New Mexico plays in Buffalo. Sigh.

Wow the Lobos are sucking pretty badly right now

I'm one of those that doesn't really know what he's doing. I filled out my bracket 5 minutes before the first game started.

I picked New Mexico to go to the finals because I know an honorable and upstanding man who lives there and vouched for their exceptional skill on the court.

My bracket isn't happy.

Last edited:
Ouch I had them going to the great 8, plus Kansas is gone, now I have to depend on Mich State

I already lost both my finals teams. Last year I picked the final four, finals, and winner correctly.

I already lost both my finals teams. Last year I picked the final four, finals, and winner correctly.
I live near Chicago and there is a phrase here that seems to give great solace to the sports fans in the area that I will share with you. 'There is always next year'

'There is always next year'

That, unfortunately, is what University of Maine (Hockey) is having to say. They took down Boston University in the semi-finals of Hockey East, only to lose in the finals to Boston College, in overtime. Bummer!

HR

What a bad, bad game. What's funny is that the Lobos actually played pretty well, but they couldn't get a single freaking shot to fall.

I think we need to find a curse to describe New Mexico's lack of ability to get into the Sweet 16, honestly. This is probably the best, or second best team we've ever fielded, and I don't know that we've ever had a better opportunity to make it in (#3 seed, 2nd round, playing an upset winner), but it didn't happen.

Next year, we're going to have a better team, but I don't foresee a year like this. 30-5 is an amazing year (28-3 if you don't count post season). It was actually a better year than we deserved, seeing how we were the #9 RPI team in the nation. I think there was a lot of luck involved, and the luck just ran out in the 2nd round this year.

A dream season ends. Next year, with a more skilled and bigger team, we'll probably not even come close to 30 wins. We'll probably dance again, but we won't see another 3 seed for a long time. What a depressing day in Albuquerque.

The one good thing? Being picked to finish 5th in the MWC in the preseason, but turning it around and being the #8 ranked team nationwide in the AP poll is a pretty big turnaround.

So - Lobos Accomplishments:

1. MWC Champions
2. #8 Ranked Team
3. Tied for highest NCAA Tourney seed in history (#3)
4. Most wins in a season in UNM History (30)
5. 3rd youngest team in the country
6. Neglecting the NCAA tournament - 6-0 against top 25 teams

At least the Big Least is proving everyone west of the Mississippi right. They have been overrated for way too long, and its showing now.

Back