Ummmm, is it kismet or karma? You decide...

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
with all the back and forth about the departure of Tapatalk now that we are on XF, I thought it was sorta funny when reading POA on my iPad and Chrome, this banner appeared

image.png

Raised dog bowls makes it far easier for some dogs, especially big dogs, to eat. My shepherd needs one.

:)

I don't see any ads on my end. Then again I don't use iCrap devices.

It's a Google paid ad in Chrome. But it does pretty well show the futility of trying to control ad content shown on sites. The browser is attempting to sell you stuff and you have to figure out a way to turn it off or change browsers.

PoA MC mentioned they worry about what ads people see, but they can't stop the browsers or the OSs from showing them anyway.

Microsoft just turned on full screen ads as a "screensaver" on Windows 10 as a default setting for millions and millions of people.

Ads you can't block will only get worse over time, not better. Especially as OS vendors decide that you want them.

YouTube now offers a paid service to remove ads from their site also.

The first hit is free! Here. Smoke this. Haha.

It's a Google paid ad in Chrome. But it does pretty well show the futility of trying to control ad content shown on sites. The browser is attempting to sell you stuff and you have to figure out a way to turn it off or change browsers.

PoA MC mentioned they worry about what ads people see, but they can't stop the browsers or the OSs from showing them anyway.

Microsoft just turned on full screen ads as a "screensaver" on Windows 10 as a default setting for millions and millions of people.

Ads you can't block will only get worse over time, not better. Especially as OS vendors decide that you want them.

YouTube now offers a paid service to remove ads from their site also.

The first hit is free! Here. Smoke this. Haha.

Another reason to hate Win 10. I don't read Forbes any more since they block none with an adblocker. The block me, even if I disable the adblocker on their site. No, I won't uninstall it - too many awful ads on other sites out there.

Another reason to hate Win 10. I don't read Forbes any more since they block none with an adblocker. The block me, even if I disable the adblocker on their site. No, I won't uninstall it - too many awful ads on other sites out there.
I don't think that has to do with Win 10. The Forbes site is like that on Safari OSX too.

with all the back and forth about the departure of Tapatalk now that we are on XF, I thought it was sorta funny when reading POA on my iPad and Chrome, this banner appeared

View attachment 44161
It was me installing Tapatalk and trying like hell to disable all of the popups before anybody saw them. :D

Back