Ultimate Passive GPS Antenna

MarcBourget

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
MarcBourget
A footnote to Jim Weir's article in the January '12 Kitplanes, by the above title, instructs the reader to present questions on this forum and in this category.

He describes, generally, attaching a modified portion of a printed circuit board to a brass ground plane, but the narrative does not give sufficient detail (for someone of my skill level) on just how the PCB is attached to the ground plane. By the pictures, I can assume that it was soldered, but we all know what happens when you assume something.:rolleyes:

Mr. Weir, would you please expand the assembly detail dialogue respective of attaching the PCB to the ground plane, and the 14AWG elements to the PCB?

Thanks in advance,

Marc Bourget

Excellent! Welcome to POA, Marc. Hope you'll hang around and enjoy the banter!

A footnote to Jim Weir's article in the January '12 Kitplanes, by the above title, instructs the reader to present questions on this forum and in this category.

He describes, generally, attaching a modified portion of a printed circuit board to a brass ground plane, but the narrative does not give sufficient detail (for someone of my skill level) on just how the PCB is attached to the ground plane. By the pictures, I can assume that it was soldered, but we all know what happens when you assume something.:rolleyes:

Mr. Weir, would you please expand the assembly detail dialogue respective of attaching the PCB to the ground plane, and the 14AWG elements to the PCB?

Thanks in advance,

Marc Bourget

Good grief, there were 9 photographs showing the construction in some detail in addition to two pages of construction detail. What more do you want?

Jim

Good grief, there were 9 photographs showing the construction in some detail in addition to two pages of construction detail. What more do you want?

Jim

I've been here for a week , and I already see a trend with you. You scroll through the forum , find new people posting and just blast them with arrogance. What is your problem?

Back