uAvionics AV-Link Receives FAA Approval

Domenick

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Domenick
Bigfork, MT 22 May 2024 – Following months of collaboration, uAvionix is thrilled to announce the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approval of the AV-Link for certified aircraft. This approval expands the available functionality of uAvionix’s ecosystem of AV-30 panel displays, skySensor, and portable ADS-B receivers and transforms how these devices work with each other to display data for enhanced situational awareness and pilot efficiency in the cockpit.[\quote]

So far, UAvinonix seems to be holding to their promises. They said they would fix the DG precession, and it got better with the internal avmag. They promised the external avmag would get certified, and it did. They promised the AV-link would get certified, and it did. They have promised the experimental HSI will be certified soon. I have high hopes and am confident they will hold to their promise.

Good news.

I just ordered an AV30 & TailbeaconX and the bundle included the AV-link. I haven't ordered the external magnetometer as I want to see if I can live without it. Now I need to find the time to install it ...

I just ordered an AV30 & TailbeaconX and the bundle included the AV-link. I haven't ordered the external magnetometer as I want to see if I can live without it. Now I need to find the time to install it ...

I ordered 2 AV-30s, the OAT, and the magnetometer, and am currently in the install process. My parking neighbor has a similar setup. I asked if he had the magnetometer and he said no, but he ran a serial GPS from his 430 to the DG av30, and it’s been rock solid using gps input. My intentions are to run a gps serial to the AI, and the magnetometer to the DG, but I’m betting it’s going to be overkill and I should have just used the 430 for both. Oh well…

I spent 4 hours today fishing the wire through the wing. It actually wasn’t that bad and I cussed less than I expected.

I’m currently updating my entire panel with 2 av30s, a 430, a gtr200 radio, and pma6000 audio panel. This all started because my 5th king 170 crapped out and I’m tired of replacing 40 year old radios. :deadhorse::mad2:

It’s probably the “cheapest” new panel one could buy. I know the 430 isn’t new, but I’m hoping it lasts long enough to save up to buy an Avidyne.

I ordered 2 AV-30s, the OAT, and the magnetometer, and am currently in the install process. My parking neighbor has a similar setup. I asked if he had the magnetometer and he said no, but he ran a serial GPS from his 430 to the DG av30, and it’s been rock solid using gps input. My intentions are to run a gps serial to the AI, and the magnetometer to the DG, but I’m betting it’s going to be overkill and I should have just used the 430 for both. Oh well…

I spent 4 hours today fishing the wire through the wing. It actually wasn’t that bad and I cussed less than I expected.

I’m currently updating my entire panel with 2 av30s, a 430, a gtr200 radio, and pma6000 audio panel. This all started because my 5th king 170 crapped out and I’m tired of replacing 40 year old radios. :deadhorse::mad2:

It’s probably the “cheapest” new panel one could buy. I know the 430 isn’t new, but I’m hoping it lasts long enough to save up to buy an Avidyne.
It worth noting that GPS heading is not necessarily the same as magnetic heading, and if ATC gives you a heading, pretty sure they expect magnetic heading. I have my AV30's set up with GPS input, but also added the magnetometer, as the GPS heading is off enough in winds to make a difference. Sometimes ATC doesn't care, but other times they'll adjust the heading they give +-10.

I'm looking forward to the HSI module....

I recommend you add the external magnetometer now. The internal one is hot garbage, and the external one is excellent. If you wait, recommend you build the av-30 harness with stub connectors to add the av-mag later. Building the d-sub with shielded cable is much easier on the bench.

Also recommend you add an external temp probe to get TAS.

I recommend you add the external magnetometer now. The internal one is hot garbage, and the external one is excellent. If you wait, recommend you build the av-30 harness with stub connectors to add the av-mag later. Building the d-sub with shielded cable is much easier on the bench.

Also recommend you add an external temp probe to get TAS.

Sounds like sound advice ...

Back