TX GTG Aug 11th, planes, Porsches, Ferraris, oh my!

docmirror

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Cowboy - yeehah!
Howdy Pardner,

I've got permission from the little missus to have a visit. I'm about 20 miles west of Ft Worth off I-20. I'd like to invite a few hundred of my closest buddies to join me. I'm planning to have some pilot friends, and hopefully some Porsche friends, some Ferrari and Lamborghini friends over for a gab-fest/beer-fest/show-shine/swim/BBQ at my extablishment out west of Ft Worth.

Families wecome, any model/type okay. If you're gonna be in the general area that weekend, show up and meet the gang. RSVP would be nice, but not required.

Fly in: KWEA Parker County airport, car shuttle(exotic probably) will get ya to the house and back.

Maybe I'll rent one of those mech bulls, hahahahahahahaha! :cheerswine:

Sounds great! Any particular times?

What can we bring? Coke's? Chips? Handguns and Hard Liquor?

...lawyers, guns & money!

Wey-all, here's an update. I have a blues/jazz band lined up, we got the awning set up in the back patio, and a bunch of exotic cars are scheduled in. I think things we'll get started around 1-2ish. I'll have some beer and wine, Coke and some other soft drinks. If you want anything special, bring it with.

I'm hoping to have a buddy with a aerobatic bipe come by. Hoepfully we'll have good weather. I'll bump this later this month. Look forrd to seein' y-all!

Howdy again guys 'n gals. Just a litle ole friendly bump to self-promote my GTG. That's Aug 11th, from 2-ish until sometime! KWEA is the place, go in and ask for Doc, someone will come git ya.

No bull, mechanical that is. At $2700 for an afternoon, I thought they was just a bit too proud of it......

Howdy again guys 'n gals. Just a litle ole friendly bump to self-promote my GTG. That's Aug 11th, from 2-ish until sometime! KWEA is the place, go in and ask for Doc, someone will come git ya.

No bull, mechanical that is. At $2700 for an afternoon, I thought they was just a bit too proud of it......

I bet you could rent a REAL bull for less than that! :) And it'd be more exciting watching Spike ride it! :rofl: :yes:

I bet you could rent a REAL bull for less than that! :) And it'd be more exciting watching Spike ride it! :rofl: :yes:

No chance of me riding - but I do have an associate attorney who is a skilled bullrider... maybe I bring him?

Well, it's gonna be BYOB(bring your own bull). I'll provide pretty much everything else. BBQ, beer, wine, soda, snacks, music, pool. Bumpity bump, this Sat head to KWEA and ask for Doc, a vintage car will come git ya around 1-2-ish.

Cya soon!

Looking forward to it! Our family will see you Saturday afternoon! Thanks for the invite!

And, I , in turn, thank you for the invitation but must, with overarching regret, miss.

I have a Bar Mitzvah to attend. Oy vey!

Thanks, Doc, for the invite. Was great to meet you and see the gaggle of cool cars, and hear their stories. Sorry me and the ladies couldn't stay longer, you have a beautiful place in a wonderful setting.

Anybody take any pics of planes, Porsche's and Ferrari's?

There were no planes there that I saw (residential neighborhood, not an airpark) but I'll post pictures of some of the cars... once I pull them off the camera.

There were no planes there that I saw (residential neighborhood, not an airpark) but I'll post pictures of some of the cars... once I pull them off the camera.

OK, it took me a while, but here are some photos of the cars at DocMirror's event.

Attachments

• IMG_8552.jpg
    IMG_8552.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8553.jpg
    IMG_8553.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8557.jpg
    IMG_8557.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8550.jpg
    IMG_8550.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8558.jpg
    IMG_8558.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8565.jpg
    IMG_8565.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8568.jpg
    IMG_8568.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8569.jpg
    IMG_8569.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8572.jpg
    IMG_8572.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8575.jpg
    IMG_8575.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8574.jpg
    IMG_8574.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8570.jpg
    IMG_8570.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 4
And here are the rest:

Attachments

• IMG_8576.jpg
    IMG_8576.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8577.jpg
    IMG_8577.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8578.jpg
    IMG_8578.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8582.jpg
    IMG_8582.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8583.jpg
    IMG_8583.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8585.jpg
    IMG_8585.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for throwing up some photos Troy. We only had one plane fly in, the rest were exotic autos. 5 Ferraris, two Lamborghinis(one was mine), five Porsches and a pair of E type Jags, plus a few other varieties. If anyone can identify that car (except Troy) in pic 8552(yellow car), I'll buy you lunch! :D

We'll do it again next year.

Thanks for throwing up some photos Troy. We only had one plane fly in, the rest were exotic autos. 5 Ferraris, two Lamborghinis(one was mine), five Porsches and a pair of E type Jags, plus a few other varieties. If anyone can identify that car (except Troy) in pic 8552(yellow car), I'll buy you lunch! :D

We'll do it again next year.

Izzit a Renault Alpine?

Back