Two minute paint job

How long does it take to draw up the work flow procedures?

Can't say I'm really enamored of the new look, but...

It looked as if they painted over the top of the old paint. How much weight did that add?

Can't say I'm really enamored of the new look, but...

It looked as if they painted over the top of the old paint. How much weight did that add?

Looked to me like they stripped the fuselage and painted over the vertical stabilizer.

I THINK a coat of paint adds something like 700 pounds to the weight of a plane that big. Could be more. I can't remember where I saw that. But when you are talking about an empty weight of 350,000 pounds and a gross weight of 648,000 pounds, 700 is pretty much statistically insignificant.

FWIW, it is odd seeing a "Continental" paint scheme on a United airplane, but I think it looks better than the battleship blue and gray that it is replacing.

When painting GA aircraft do they strip the paint or just go over, and how much weight would it be if they go over?

They strip the quality paint jobs and paint over old on a so so paint job. Weight wise, I can't say

I reviewed the video several times to be sure. They did strip the fuselage to bare metal. The fin was painted over after abrading for new paint.

Twice, I've seen the entire process of painting GA planes. In both cases, all parts were stripped of all paint before repainting.

I've seen a UH-1 repainted over existing. But that was for static display only. A wet sanding and ready for paint. 25 gallons of OD green and black was used. I forget the mil spec.

I don't like battleship blue and gray, but I don't like the Continental logo either. They should have swapped fuselage/tail paint schemes.

You can't get much better than BA for tails... AF is not bad either. or Virgin.

When painting GA aircraft do they strip the paint or just go over, and how much weight would it be if they go over?

My 4 passenger high wing experimental gained 37 lbs... That's including primer, top coat, decal N numbers and stripe... Dupont Imron.... FWIW.

Ben.

I don't like battleship blue and gray, but I don't like the Continental logo either. They should have swapped fuselage/tail paint schemes.

You can't get much better than BA for tails... AF is not bad either. or Virgin.

How about these two:
Virgin-Slut.jpg
Virgin-slut-plane-400x262.jpg

Virgin-Slut.jpg

Back